The Department of Education (DepEd) releases the guidelines on the Grant of Cash Allowance to Teachers for School Year (SY) 2020-2021 and the SYs thereafter pursuant to the Special Provision No. 10 of Republic Act No. 11645.
June 08, 2020
DepEd Order No. 10, s. 2020
GUIDELINES ON THE GRANT OF CASH ALLOWANCE TO TEACHERS
Bureau and Service Directors
Schools Division Superintendents
Public Elementary and Secondary School Heads
All Others Concerned
- The Department of Education (DepEd) issues the enclosed Guidelines on the Grant of Cash Allowance to Teachers for School Year (SY) 2020-2021 and the SYs thereafter pursuant to the Special Provision No. 10 of Republic Act No. 11645, the General Appropriations Act (GAA) for Fiscal Year 2020, titled An Act Appropriating Funds for the Operation of the Government of the Republic of the Philippines from January One to December Thirty-One, Two Thousand and Twenty and for Other Purposes.
- DepEd may issue supplemental guidelines to further implement this Order in the event of additional requirements set by national laws or policies, or as may be necessary.
- This Order shall take effect immediately upon issuance.
- Immediate dissemination of and strict compliance with this Order is directed.
LEONOR MAGTOLIS BRIONES
(Enclosure to DepEd Order No. 010s- 2020)
DEPED GUIDELINES ON THE GRANT OF CASH ALLOWANCE TO TEACHERS
1. In the constant effort to capacitate and empower the teachers, the Department of Education (DepEd) is continuously expanding their welfare and benefits through the grant of Cash Allowance to Teachers, formerly known as the Chalk Allowance. This allowance is intended to augment the expenses incurred/spent by teachers in the actual performance of their teaching responsibilities.
2. The actual amount of the allowance to be given shall be governed by the provision indicated in the approved general appropriations act (GAA) of the current year.
a. For Fiscal Year (FY) 2020, Special Provision No. 10 of the Republic Act (RA) No. 11645. the GAA for FY 2020. or An Act Appropriating Funds for the Operation of the Government of the Republic of the Philippines from January One to December Thirty-One, Two Thousand and Twenty, and for Other Purposes, stated that the Cash Allowance to Teachers shall be used for the payment of Three Thousand Five Hundred Pesos (P3,500.00) per classroom teacher for every school year for the purchase of teaching supplies and materials.
b. For succeeding years, the amount shall depend on the approved allocation to be indicated in the GAA.
II. SCOPE OF THE POLICY
1. The Cash Allowance shall be granted to all permanent and provisional teachers, including Alternative Learning System (ALS) Mobile Teachers and District ALS Coordinators (DALSCs), in all public elementary, junior, and senior high schools, and community learning centers, who are in sendee1 in DepEd for the current school year, and assigned with at least one teaching load.
Teachers who are in service in DepEd as of the official first day of the school up to 30 calendar days after the start of the school year shall be entitled to the full amount of the Cash Allowance. Teachers whose assumption to duty is beyond 30 days after the official first day of school shall be entitled to the Cash Allowance on a pro-rata basis.
2. Public School Teachers are defined in RA No. 4670 or the Magna Carta for Public School Teachers, as All persons engaged in classroom teaching, in any level of instruction, on full-time basis, including guidance counselors, school librarians, industrial arts or vocational instructors, and all other persons performing supervisory and/or administrative functions in all schools, colleges, and universities operated by the government or its political subdivisions; but this shall not include school nurses, school physicians, school dentists, and other school employees.
1. Public School Teachers who fall under the following circumstances shall not be entitled to the grant of Cash Allowance:
b. Those who are on absence without leave (AWOL). indefinite sick leave of absence, maternity leave, or study leave within the current school year:
c. Those who are found guilty of any offense in connection with their work and meted the penalty in the previous school year: and
d. Those who are no longer in sendee as of the official start of the current school year.
2. Teachers in items l.a. and b. who resume duty and are assigned with at least one (1) teaching load within the current school year shall be entitled to the Cash Allowance on a pro-rata basis.
IV. GUIDELINES AND PROCEDURES
1. The Cash Allowance shall be given to entitled public school teachers not earlier than the official start of every school year, as stipulated in the annual issuance on the official School Calendar, or as may be decided by the Secretary or his/her designated authority in cases of emergency situations.
2. The Secretary may delegate authority to the Execom-in-Charge of Finance in determining the payment schedule of the Cash Allowance.
3. Teachers who will assume duty beyond 30 calendar days after the official start of the school year shall be eligible for the Cash Allowance on a pro-rata basis.
4. The Execom-in-Charge of Finance shall release supplemental guidelines on the computation of pro-rated amount of Cash Allowance for eligible teachers.
5. The Cash Allowance shall cover the expenses of teachers for the purchase of teaching supplies and materials, tangible or intangible, for the implementation or conduct of various modes of learning delivery.
6. Said allowance shall be considered as an outright expense. Presentation or submission of bills and receipts shall not be required.
7. Regional lump-sum specific for the payment of the Cash Allowance shall be allocated in the Special Provisions of the GAA starting FY 2020 and the years
8. Schools Division Offices (SDOs) shall submit the lists of eligible teachers to the respective Regional Offices (ROs) to facilitate the processing and payment of the Cash Allowance.
9. In cases wherein there will be a deficit in the allocated funds per SDO, the School Division Superintendent, through the RO, shall submit the request for additional funds to the DepEd Central Office (CO), through the Office of the Execom-in-Charge of Finance.
10. ROs shall submit the Reports on Payment of the Cash Allowance (RPCA) to the Finance Service (FS) – Budget Division, based on the reporting schedule set by the latter office.
11. FS – Budget Division shall consolidate the RPCA and furnish the Bureau of Human Resource and Organizational Development-Personnel Division (BHROD-PD) for monitoring purposes.
V. MONITORING AND EVALUATION
1. All offices and accountable officials and personnel thereof shall comply with existing financial reporting guidelines on the use of funds for this purpose.
2. Any related concerns of the offices not covered by the provisions of the policy shall be referred to the appropriate governance level.
3. The BHROD-PD, Finance Sendee-Budget, and Accounting Divisions. Regional Administrative and Finance Division and Finance Unit of SDOs shall monitor compliance and evaluate implementation of this DepEd Order.
1. All existing Orders and Memoranda inconsistent with the provisions of this Order are hereby rescinded. The guidelines stated herein shall remain in effect, unless after repealed, amended, or rescinded.
2. This Order shall take effect immediately upon approval.