Republic of the Philippines
DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION
DIVISION OF MISAMIS ORIENTAL
Cagayan de Oro City
Tel. (08822) 724615/ (088) 8564454, Fax: (088) 8564524
February 29, 2016
Division Memorandum No. 84, s. 2016
EXTENSION FOR THE ACCEPTANCE OF SENIOR HIGH SCHOOL (SHS) TEACHER APPLICANTS FOR THE CORE SUBJECTS
Education Program Supervisors
Public School District Supervisors/In-charge
School Heads of Public Secondary Schools Offering Senior High School
1. Pursuant to DepEd Order No. 3, s. 2016, entitled “Hiring Guidelines for Senior High School (SHS) Teaching Positions Effective School Year (SY) 2016 – 2017”, dated January 21, 2016, this Office announces the extension of the acceptance of Senior High School Teacher Applicants on or before March 4, 2016 specifically for the core subjects such as:
Group I. HUMSS and the following subject groupings:
I-A: Oral Communication, Reading and Writing, English for Academic & Professional Purposes, Practical Research
I-B: Komunikasyon at Pananaliksisk sa Wika at Kulturang Pilipino, Pagbasa at Pagsusuri ng Iba’t ibang Teksto sa Pananaliksik, Pagsulat sa Filipino sa Piling Larangan
I-C: 21st Century Literature from the Philippines and the World; Contemporary Philippine Arts from the Region: Understanding Culture, Society and Politics; Introduction to the Philosophy of the Human Person and related specialized HUMSS subjects
I-D: Media and Information Literacy; Empowerment Technologies (for the Strands)
Group II. ABM and Entrepreneurship, Research and Work Immersion
Group III. STEM and the following subject groupings:
III-A: General Mathematics, Statistics and Probability and related specialized STEM subjects
III-B: Earth Science, Earth and Life Science, Physical Science and related specialized STEM subjects
2. All Applicants for Permanent or Part-Time Teaching Positions for DepEd-Division of Misamis Oriental are advised to follow the Application Process stipulated in Paragraphs V. 1. and V.2 of the said DepEd Order as stated:
V.l. Applicants shall register to the Departments’ online system at application.deped.gov.ph. where they must encode their Personal Data Sheet (PDS) and select the division(s) where they want to be ranked. Once submitted, a Unique Applicant Number (UAN) will be issued. In the submission of application requirements, the UAN shall be indicated, if available. On the other hand, Applicants who are unable to submit the UAN may still go through the evaluation process, be ranked in the Registry of Qualified Applicants, and be hired. However, the UAN shall be submitted to the SDO once it is available.
V.2 The following are Mandatory requirements:
– Letter of intent which shall indicate the following information:
– Statement of purpose/expression of interest
– Subject group he/she intends to teach (ref. sec IV.13 of D.O 3, s. 2016) o Preferred school(s), if any
– CSC Form 212, Revised 2005 (Personal Data Sheet) in two (2) copies with the latest 2X2 ID picture
– Certified photocopy of certificates of relevant specialized trainings, if any National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) clearance
– Omnibus certification of authenticity and veracity of all documents submitted, signed by the applicant
Furthermore, the additional requirements for applicants are as follows:
For Permanent Positions
– Certified photocopy of Diploma on Bachelor’s degree
– Certified photocopy of Transcript of Records with at least 15 units of specialization in relevant strand/specialized subject
– Certified photocopy of Professional Regulation Commission (PRC) profession ID card/certificate of registration/license
– Certified photocopy of ratings obtained in the Licensure Examination for teachers (LET)/Professional Board Examination for Teachers (PBET)
For Part-Time Positions
Written approval from his/her head of unit if he/she is currently employed by the national government or the local government unit.
An additional requirement for applicants from Higher Education Institution (HE I) / Technical-Vocational Institution (TVI) is a certified photocopy of Certification of Status of Employment/Service Record from HEI/TVI.
3. In the preparation of the pertinent documents, applicants shall observe the following:
a. Use Long Red Folder
b. Observe proper arrangement, pagination, fastening and tabbing
i. The pertinent papers shall be arranged to what are enumerated under Mandatory Requirements and Additional Requirements of this memorandum. There must be a table of contents at the top of these documents and each sheet must bear a page number.
ii. The Documents shall be fastened at the top right portion inside the folder while the tabbing, according to the table of content, shall be at the bottom of the documents.
iii. Deliberation sheet shall be attached in the left portion inside the folder (to be done by the division screening committee in the division office).
c. Number of copies
i. The applicants shall prepare two sets of pertinent documents following the above preparation.
ii. In addition to the folder is another copy of the certified PRC certificate/license. (if available)
d. Other reminders
i. Applicants must bring original copy of the documents and lesson plan based from his/ her major or subject being applied during the demonstration teaching and interview by the Division Selection Committee.
4. All Applicants shall submit the Letter of Intent with Pertinent Papers on or before March 4,2016 at 5:00 p.m. to the Division Office address to the Schools Division Superintendent, CHERRY MAE L. LIMBACO, Ph.D., CESO V.
5. Download DepEd Order No. 3, s. 2016 for reference.
6. Immediate dissemination of this Memorandum to all concern is desired.
CHERRY MAE L. LIMBACO, Ph.D., CESO V
Schools Division Superintendent
- DepEd Misamis Occidental Recruitment of Senior High School Teacher Applicants
- DepEd Misamis Occidental 2016 Ranking of Teacher I Applicants
- DepEd Misamis Occidental Administration of 2016 English Proficiency Test (EPT)