May 11, 2016
DepEd Memorandum No. 77, s. 2016
ELECTRONIC CLASS PROGRAM TOOL FOR SENIOR HIGH SCHOOLS
Bureau and Service Directors
Schools Division Superintendents
Public Secondary School Heads
All Others Concerned
1. The Department of Education (DepEd) releases the Senior High School Electronic Class Program Tool (e-tool) for School Year 2016-2017 for use of school heads both in Integrated and Stand-Alone Senior High Schools (SHSs).
2. The electronic tool (e-tool) developed to aid school heads in the following:
a. Effective scheduling of SHS classes;
b. Determination of the number and type of SHS teachers they need to hire; and
c. Maximizing personnel hours through effective assignment of teaching loads and other learner support tasks to teachers.
3. The accomplished e-tool may also be used by the schools division offices in the following:
a. Ensuring effective SHS class programming and compliance with curriculum guidelines by the schools;
b. The deployment of SHS teachers among the schools in the schools division; and
c. Synchronizing class programs across schools to maximize resources.
4. The e-tool allows the school heads and their teams to assess and maximize existing human resources (that is Junior High School teachers who are underloaded and qualified, and who are willing to teach some subjects in SHS). By assigning these teachers to class programs, the e-tool can then compute how many teachers are still needed and can identify in which subject groups they belong. Because it is a management tool, it does not provide answers but rather helps the school heads to decide on the best course of action in terms of staffing and scheduling of classes. It also does not ensure the number of teacher items to be provided to the school. This is still subject to the discretion of the schools division offices (SDOs).
5. For ease of use, the design of the electronic tool uses a basic spreadsheet file, and it works best on MS Excel 2013 and above. SHS school heads can download this file on www.deped.gov.ph/resources/downloads/shs-eclass-program. A tutorial video can be found at www.deped.gov.ph/videos/shs-eclass-program-tutorial. The use of this tool is also discussed in the SHS Manual of Operations Volume One to be released soon.
6. The Regional SHS coordinator shall lead the orientation of the SDOs and SHS school heads and shall ensure that technical assistance is provided to maximize the use of the electronic tool. The Schools Division Information Technology Officer I is expected to extend technical assistance to the school heads and their teams particularly on issues related to system or application.
7. For more information and clarifications, all concerned may contact the SHS E-tool Helpdesk through http://bit.ly/shs_etool_helpdesk or School Effectiveness Division (SED) at telephone no. (02) 633-5397 or through email: [email protected]
8. Immediate dissemination of this Memorandum is desired.
BR. ARMIN A. LUISTRO FSC
- OFFICIAL: Computation of Public School Teachers’ Proportional Vacation Pay (PVP) for School Year (SY) 2015-2016
- DM 76, s. 2016 – Senior High School Manual of Operations Volume One
- Amendment to DepEd Order No. 23, s. 2016 (School Calendar for School Year 2016-2017)