Republic of the Philippines
Professional Regulation Commission
PROFESSIONAL REGULATORY BOARD FOR PROFESSIONAL TEACHERS
PROGRAM OF THE BOARD LICENSURE EXAMINATION FOR PROFESSIONAL TEACHERS (BLEPT) ON MARCH 20. 2016 (SUNDAY)
NOTE: Separate Test Booklets will be used for the General Education (GE) and Professional Education (PE) subjects for both elementary and secondary levels in the March 20, 2016 BLEPT.
SUNDAY, MARCH 20, 2016
FOR ELEMENTARY TEACHER EXAMINEES ONLY
|6:30 a.m. - 7:45 a.m.||GENERAL INSTRUCTIONS/FILLING UP OF FORMS|
|8:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m.||GENERAL EDUCATION||40%|
|11:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.||PROFESSIONAL EDUCATION||60%|
FOR SECONDARY TEACHER EXAMINEES ONLY
|6:30 a.m. - 7:45 a.m.||GENERAL INSTRUCTIONS/FILLING UP OF FORMS|
|8:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m.||GENERAL EDUCATION||20%|
|11:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.||PROFESSIONAL EDUCATION||40%|
|3:00 p.m. - 6:30 p.m.||SPECIALIZATION||40%|
COVERAGE OF EXAMINATION FOR GENERAL EDUCATION
- ENGLISH (Study and Thinking Skills, Writing in the Discipline, Speech and Oral Communication, Philippine Literature, Master Works of the World)
- FILIPINO (Komunikasyon sa Akademikong Filipino, Pagbasa at Pagsulat tungo sa Pananaliksik, Masining na Pagpapahayag)
- MATHEMATICS (Fundamentals of Math, Plane Geometry, Elementary Algebra, Statistics and Probability)
- SCIENCE (Biological Science -General Biology; Physical Science – with Earth Science)
- SOCIAL SCIENCES (Philippine Government New Constitution with Human Rights; Philippine History; Basic Economics, Taxation, Agrarian Reform; Society, Culture with Family Planning; Rizal and Other Heroes; Philosophy of Man; Arts; General Psychology; Information and Communication Technology)
COVERAGE OF EXAMINATION FOR PROFESSIONAL EDUCATION (ELEMENTARY & SECONDARY TEACHER EXAMINEES)
- Teaching Profession, Social Dimensions of Education
- Principles of Teaching, Educational Technology, Curriculum Development
- Facilitating Learning, Child and Adolescent Development
- Assessment of Student Learning, Developmental Reading
- Field Study, Practice Teaching
COVERAGE OF EXAMINATION IN THE FIELDS OF SPECIALIZATION FOR SECONDARY TEACHER EXAMINEES ONLY
- ENGLISH (Remedial Instruction in English; English for Specific Purposes; THEORETICAL FOUNDATIONS OF LANGUAGE AND LITERATURE: Introduction to Linguistics; Structure of English; Introduction of Stylistics; Literary Criticism; LITERATURE: Mythology and Folklore; Afro-Asian Literature; English and American Literature; METHODOLOGY: The Teaching of Speaking, Listening and Reading; Teaching of Literature; Preparation and Evaluation of Instructional Materials; Language and Literature Assessment; Language Research; Campus Journalism; Translation and Editing of Text; Speech and Stage Arts; Creative Writing).
- FILIPINO (MGA BATAYANG TEORETTKAL: Introduksyon sa Pag-aaral ng Wika; Panimulang Linggwistika, NILALAMAN: Wika; Panitikan; Metodolohiya, Pagtataya at Ebalwasyon, at Kagamitang Pangturo).
- BIOLOGICAL SCIENCES (Biological Science I, Biological Science II, Inorganic Chemistry, Cell Biology, Ecology, Organic Chemistry, Microbiology, Genetic and Evolution, Biochemistry and Anatomy and Physiology).
- PHYSICAL SCIENCES (INTRODUCTION-Nature of Science, Chemistry, Atomic and Molecular, Chemical Bonds, Conservation of Matter and Stoichichiometry, Gases, Liquids and Solids, Acids and Bases, Solutions, Chemical Thermodynamics, Chemical Kinetics and Equilibrium, Organic and Biochemistry, Nuclear Processes, PHYSICS: Physical Quantities and Vectors, Mechanics, Electricity, Magnetism, and Electronics, Thermodynamics, Modern Physics, Light and Geometries Optics, Earth and Space, Astronomy, and Environment).
- MATHEMATICS (Arithmetic & Number Theory and Business Math; Basic & Advanced Algebra; Plane and Solid Geometry; Trigonometry; Probability and Statistics; Analytical Geometry; Calculus; Modern Geometry, Linear and Abstract Algebra; History of Mathematics, Problem Solving, Mathematical Investigation, Instrumentation and Assessment).
- SOCIAL STUDIES/SOCIAL SCIENCES (Trends and Issues in Social Studies; Research; Geography; Sociology and Anthropology; Politics/Governance/Law-Related, History: World History and Civilization I; World History and Civilization II, Asian Studies; ECONOMICS: Micro-Macro Economics-Economic Planning and Strategies; METHODS: Teaching Approaches in Secondary Social Studies; Productions of Instructional Materials for Social Studies; Building Bridges Across Social science Discipline ( MAKABAYAN as a core learning area in Basic Education); ASSESSMENT: Assessment and Evaluation in the Social Sciences/Social Studies).
- VALUES EDUCATION (FOUNDATION OF VALUES EDUCATION: 1. Philosophical and Ethical Foundations of VE; 2. Socio-Cultural, Anthropological & Legal Bases of VE; Psychological Theories of Values Development; PERSONHOOD DEVELOPMENT: Personhood Development; 2. Dynamics of Intra and Interpersonal Relations; 3. Psycho-Spiritual Development; 4. Management of Behavior Problems; TRANSFORMATIVE EDUCATION (SOURCES OF VALUES AND FACTORS IN VALUES ED): 1. Family Life and Filipino Values System; 2. Education for Human Rights and Responsible Citizenship; 3. Foundations of Gender Studies; 4. Peace and Global Education; 5. Information Technology and Human Development; 6. Moral Issues and Concerns in Contemporary Living; WORK ETHICS AND COMMUNITY SERVICE: COMMITMENT TO SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY AND ACCOUNTABILITY: 1. Career Development and Work Values; 2. Values Education through Community Service; APPROACHES AND METHODOLOGIES: 1. Facilitation: Theory and Practice; 2. Teaching Approaches and Strategies in Transformative Education; 3. Values Integration in the School Setting; RESEARCH AND EVALUATION: 1. Behavioral Statistics, 2. Development of VE Instruction Materials and Assessment Tools, 3. Research in VE).
- MAPEH (Foundations of MAPEH; Methods and Strategies of Teaching MAPEH; Coaching and Officiating of Sports Events, Dance Competitions and Music Activities; Organization and Management, Research, Special Education in MAPEH. PHYSICAL EDUCATION: Anatomical, Mechanical and Physiological Bases of Movement; GYMNASTICS: Philippine Folkdance; Team SPORTS, Aquatics; International Folk Dance and Other Dance Forms; Athletics, Individual, Dual and Combative Sports. HEALTH EDUCATION: Personal Community, Environmental Health, Safety Education and First Aid. Health Practicum. MUSIC: Philippine and Asian Music; Solfeggio and Applied Piano, Integrated Music Theory, Music Literature, Choral Works and Conducting and Rondalla Playing Instrumentation. ART EDUCATION).
- AGRICULTURE AND FISHERY ARTS (Functional Application of Knowledge, Breeds of Farm Animals and Fish, Pests and Diseases Affecting Animals and Fish Propagation, Marketing Strategies in the Industry/Entrepreneurship, and Proper Care and Management of Agricultural and Fishery Products).
- TECHNOLOGY AND LIVELIHOOD EDUCATION (Basic Drafting, Business Math, Basic Electricity, Basic Plumbing, Cosmetology, Foods, Carpentry and Masonry, Basic Electronics and Entrepreneurship).
TO PASS THE EXAMINATION, AN EXAMINEE MUST OBTAIN AN AVERAGE RATING OF NOT LESS THAN 75% AND MUST HAVE NO RATING LOWER THAN 50% IN ANY OF THE TESTS
GENERAL INSTRUCTIONS TO LET EXAMINEES
1. Check or verify your school/building assignments at the PRC official website (www.prc.qov.ph) or thru the Notices/ Announcements to be posted at the PRC premises two (2) to three (3) working days before the date of examination.
2. On the day of the examination, report to the school/building assignment not later than 6:30 A.M. Be punctual. Late examinees will not be admitted. Examination Fee of ABSENT EXAMINEES will be forfeited.
3. You are required to wear the following attire on examination day:
- Male Examinees – White polo shirts or T-Shirts with collar, tucked-in decent pants or slacks
- Female Examinees – White blouses or T-Shirts with collar, decent pants
4. Bring the following on examination day:
- Official Receipt of payment of application for examination
- One (1) Window Envelope with Metered Postage Stamp
- One Long Transparent White Plastic Envelope
- One Long Size Brown Envelope
- Two or more Pencils (No. 2)
- Ball pen with black ink only and
- Non-Programmable Calculator (List of Non-Programmable Calculator)
5. The following are PROHIBITED inside the examination rooms/premises:
- Books, notes, review materials, and other printed materials containing coded data/information/formula;
- Programmable calculators;
- Cellular phones, beepers, portable computers or similar gadgets/devices;
- Bags of any kind (ladies’ bag, shoulder bags, attache case, backpack, etc.);
- Other examination aides not stated in this program shall not be brought inside the examination building.
6. You are allowed to bring food and eat inside the room.
7. You will not be allowed to leave the examination room, borrow anything or communicate with other examinees on any matter during the examination.
8. Non-compliance with test instructions shall be a ground for cancellation of your examination.
9. Impersonation is a ground for disqualification in this BLEPT and in future licensure examinations.
Manila, Philippines November 24, 2015
ATTY. LOVELIKA T. BAUTISTA
OIC, Office of the Board Secretary
ROSITA L. NAVARRO
- March 20, 2016 LET Teachers Board Exam Room Assignment
- Table of Specifications for Licensure Examination for Teachers
- Tips on Passing the Licensure Examination for Teachers
- Tips and Suggestions in Taking the LET
- LET Reviewer – Android App on Google Play