May 11, 2016
DepEd Order No. 29, s. 2016
Amendment to DepEd Order No. 23, s. 2016 (School Calendar for School Year 2016-2017)
Bureau and Service Directors
Schools Division Superintendents
Public and Private Elementary and Secondary Schools Heads
All Others Concerned
- The Department of Education (DepEd) has issued School Calendar for School Year 2016-2017 through DepEd Order (DO) No. 23, s. 2016 entitled School Calendar for School Year (SY) 2016-2017. However, Paragraph 2 shall be amended to read as follows:
- The SY 2016-2017 shall begin on Monday, June 13, 2016 and shall end on Friday, April 7, 2017. The SY will consist of 202 school days exclusive of the five-day In-Service Training (INSET) break. The different school events and other activities for learners, including the regular and special nonworking holidays, are contained in Enclosure No. 1.
- Paragraph 1 of Enclosure No. 2 entitled Implementing Guidelines of the School Calendar for School Year (SY) 2016-2017 of DO 23, s. 2016 shall also be amended to read as follows:
- The school year shall formally open on June 13, 2016, Monday and shall end on April 7, 2017, Friday. The school year shall consist of 202 class days. This is exclusive of the five-day semestral break. To ensure quality in the school operation and actual teaching-learning, a 180-day non-negotiable contact time for teachers, and the physical presence of school heads in school shall be enforced.
- Immediate dissemination of and strict compliance with this Order is directed.
(Sgd.) BR. ARMIN A. LUISTRO FSC