July 17, 2017
DepEd Memorandum No. 118, s. 2017
NATIONAL EDUCATORS ACADEMY OF THE PHILIPPINES SOCIAL INCLUSION PROGRAM FOR SENIOR CITIZENS AND PERSONS WITH DISABILITY
Bureau and Service Directors
Schools Division Superintendents
All Others Concerned
1. The Department of Education (DepEd), through the National Educators Academy of the Philippines (NEAP), will conduct a 3-day activity on NEAP Social Inclusion Program for Senior Citizens and Persons with Disability. The table below shows the details of the activities.
|Batch||Date||Venue and Region Involved||Participants (per Region)|
|1||August 15-17, 2017||VI, VII, VII and Negros Island Region (within the area of Tacloban)||10 Senior Citizens (SCs) (56 to 63 years of age)|
|2||August 22-24, 2017||IX, X, XI|
(within the area of Davao City)
|6 Persons With Disability (PWDs) (regardless of age, with no aide in tow)|
|3||August 29-31, 2017||XII, Caraga, Autonomous Region of Muslim Mindanao (ARMM)|
(with the area of General Santos City)
|The regional office (RO) will select participants ensuring representatives from the RO and selected schools division offices|
2. At the end of the program, the participants will be able to:
a. recognize issues, problems, and needs confronting SCs and PWDs;
b. increase awareness and consciousness of their rights, welfare, and benefits;
c. search ways and means of preparing before and after retirement; and
d. develop and learn basic skills to improve their economic opportunities.
3. Participants are expected to be at the venue of Day 0 at 3:00 p.m. (a day before the training proper). First meal to be served will be p.m. snack, and last meal will be a.m. snack, a day after the training proper. The activity dates are exclusive of travel time.
4. Expenses relative to the aforementioned activity, including board and lodging of management staff/secretariat, resource persons, facilitators and participants, honoraria of resource persons, pre-post meetings, contingency, supplies and materials, transportation expenses of the resource persons, facilitators and management staff/secretariat, and other expenses shall be charged to the 2017 Human Resource Training and Development (HRTD) Funds. While the transportation of the participants shall be charged to local funds, subject to the usual accounting and auditing rules and regulations.
5. List of participants must be submitted either to Ms. Maria Elena B. Deacosta or Mr. Noel Dorado of the National Educators Academy of the Philippines (NEAP), Department of Education (DepEd) Central Office, 2nd Floor, Mabini Building, DepEd Complex, Meralco Avenue, Pasig City at telefax no. (02) 633-7207 or through email address: [email protected]
6. Immediate dissemination of this Memorandum is desired.
LEONOR MAGTOLIS BRIONES
- DM 117, s. 2017 – Creation of a National Technical Working Group to Review and Revise Policies on Recruitment, Selection, Placement, and Induction
- DM 116, s. 2017 – Operational Guidelines Pending Appointment of Undersecretary for Curriculum and Instruction
- DM 115, s. 2017 – Observance of the National Indigenous Peoples Day and National Indigenous Peoples Month 2017