July 17, 2017
DepEd Memorandum No. 119, s. 2017
6TH ASEAN SCOUT JAMBOREE
Schools Division Superintendents
Public and Private Elementary and Secondary Schools Heads
1. The ASEAN Scout Association for Regional Cooperation, through the Boy Scouts of the Philippines (BSP), will host the 6th ASEAN Scout Jamboree with the theme Growth and Stability from November 27 to December 2, 2017 at the Energy Park, Apokon, Tagum City, Davao del Norte.
2. The Jamboree aims to provide a progressive, safe and enjoyable learning environment for the Scouts in order to enhance their physical, social, mental, emotional and spiritual potentials. At the end of the Jamboree, the participants should be able to:
a. promote ASEAN Community and Solidarity;
b. promote the highest quality of Scouting, one that is faithful to the mission, principles and method of Scouting and adapted to the needs and aspirations of young people;
c. undertake high-adventure activities, including community service projects related to the current thrusts of World Scouting (Environment Education, Peace Education and Development Education) through the different World Programmes under the Better World Framework-Messengers of the Peace (MoP) Initiatives, World Scout Environment Programme (WSEP) and its ancillary programs (Scouts Go Solar, YUNGA Challenge Badges), and the Scouts of the World (SW) Award Program;
d. undergo projects, programs and activities which will cater to the fulfillment of the requirements of selected merit badges and scout ranks under the Advancement Scheme;
e. develop core life skills and 21st century leadership capabilities through team building, cooperative learning, group dynamics, creative problemsolving and decision-making skills; and
f. keep oneself abreast with the prevailing issues about the environment, human rights, health, education, culture and science and technology through the Global Development Village, City of Science and Cross Roads of Cultures, among others.
3. The following are the qualifications for participation to the 6th ASEAN Scout Jamboree:
a. A Scout is expected to have leadership potentials, sufficient camping experience, and physically fit to undergo strenuous activities with corresponding parent’s consent and:
i. Must be currently registered as a Boy or a Senior Scout;
ii. Must be at least nine to 12 years old for Boy Scouts and 12 to 17 years old for Senior Scouts; and
iii. Must be equipped with camping gears.
b. Participating Adult Leaders must have the maturity and clarity about his/her role:
i. Must be currently registered;
ii. Must be physically fit as certified by a physician;
iii. Must be of good moral character;
iv. Must be equipped with camping gears; and
v. Preferably Bead Holders or graduates of Advanced Training Courses (ATC).
4. A registration fee of Five Hundred Pesos (P500.00) shall be charged from each participant to defray expenses for the program materials, administrative costs, souvenir items and other operating expenses. The registration fee, transportation and other incidental expenses are chargeable to local funds or local school board funds, subject to the usual accounting and auditing rules and regulations. These expenses may also be solicited from private organizations.
5. The following registration deadlines shall strictly be imposed:
|1||Pre-Registration of Contingents||April 17, 2017||July 14, 2017|
|2||Confirmation of Participation||July 17, 2017||July 31, 2017|
|3||Remittance of Payment||August 7, 2017||September 15, 2017|
6. The registration will end by 11:59 a.m. on September 15, 2017. No registration will be accepted and processed beyond the said date. For further details about the registration procedure, please refer to BSP National Office Memorandum No. 26, s. 2017, accessible online at www.scouts.org.ph/national-office-memorandum or at www. scouts, org.ph / aseanjam.
7. Participation shall come from all Scouting Regions/Local Councils, pro-rated as follows:
|Northeastern Luzon Region||612||68||182||40||902|
|Central Luzon Region||612||68||140||40||860|
|National Capital Region||612||125||182||40||902|
|Southern Tagalog Region||1,125||40||252||60||1,562|
|Western Visayas Region||765||85||98||50||998|
|Eastern Visayas Region||765||85||168||60||1,078|
|Western Mindanao Region||2,565||285||168||120||3,138|
|Eastern Mindanao Region||10,116||1,124||266||400||11,906|
8. The Boy Scouts, Senior Scouts, including Department of Education (DepEd) personnel involved in Scouting, are authorized to attend and participate in this international Scouting event on official business.
9. The regional directors, schools division superintendents, and school heads are encouraged to send their participants.
10. For more information, all concerned may contact the 6th ASEAN Scout Jamboree National Project Management Team, BSP National Office through Mr. Pedro B. Penados, Project Development Officer at telephone no. (02) 527 8317 local 421 or email address: [email protected], or Mr. Kenny Ralph S. Fernando, Assistant Project Officer for Administration at telephone no. (02) 527 5112 local 516 or email address: [email protected]
11. Immediate dissemination of this Memorandum is desired.
LEONOR MAGTOLIS BRIONES
- DM 117, s. 2017 – Creation of a National Technical Working Group to Review and Revise Policies on Recruitment, Selection, Placement, and Induction
- DM 118, s. 2017 – National Educators Academy of the Philippines Social Inclusion Program for Senior Citizens and Persons with Disability