September 15, 2016
DepEd Memorandum No. 149, s. 2016
2016 Annual 18-Day Campaign to End Violence Against Women and Children
1. Pursuant to Republic Act No. 10398 dated March 19, 2013 entitled Declaring November 25 of Every Year as National Consciousness Day for the Elimination of Violence Against Women and Children (VAWC), the Department of Education in partnership with the Philippine Commission on Women-Information Resource Management Division (PCW-IRMD) will conduct the 2016 Annual 18-Day Campaign to End Violence Against Women and Children (VAWC) with the theme Violence Free Community Starts with Me from November 25 to December 12, 2016.
2. The Campaign aims to:
a. increase awareness of rights-bearers on VAWC and to augment the efforts of duty-bearers in eliminating gender-based violence;
b. increase commitment of rights-holders in eliminating VAWC; and
c. forge partnerships among stakeholders in addressing VAWC.
3. All DepEd offices, including the regional and schools division offices and schools are encouraged to undertake the following or similar activities during the Campaign period:
a. Participation in the Kick-off activitiy organized by the PCW in the region or schools division;
b. Participation in the online campaign thread about the observance and uploading of activity photos in the PCW facebook account;
c. Conduct of fora/workshops to disseminate information to stakeholders on various forms of VAW in offices, schools and communities and how to to minimize if not totally eliminate them;
d. Conduct of school level contests (essay writing, poster-making, slogan-making, among others) and activities;
e. Hanging of streamers announcing the campaign; and
f. Production and distribution of education and information materials in the central, regional and schools division offices and schools.
4. All expenses relative to the Campaign shall be charged to the Gender and Development (GAD) Funds of the National Educators Academy of the Philippines (NEAP) and Human Resource Training Development (HRTD), subject to the usual accounting and auditing rules and regulations.
5. All regional offices are expected to submit a consolidated report of all the activities conducted during the Campaign period on or before December 23, 2016 to the head of the GAD Secretariat, Attention: Ms. Maria Lourdes D. Pantoja, Director IV, Bureau of Human Resource and Organizational Development (BHROD), Department of Education Central Office (DepEd CO) 4th Floor, Mabini Bldg., DepEd Complex, Meralco Avenue, Pasig City.
6. For more information, all concerned may contact the Philippine Commission on Women-Information Resource Management Division (PCW-IRMD) at telephone no. (02) 735-1654 local 131 or through email addresses: [email protected]; [email protected] or visit PCW website: http://www.pcw.gov.ph or facebook page: facebook.com/Philippine.commission.on.women.
5. Immediate dissemination of this Memorandum is desired.
LEONOR MAGTOLIS BRIONES