March 18, 2016
DepEd Memorandum No. 47, s. 2016
2016 KAGURUANG MAKABAYAN: NATIONAL TRAINING ON CULTURE-BASED BASIC EDUCATION CURRICULUM AND LESSON EXEMPLAR COMPETITION
Schools Division Superintendents
Public Elementary and Secondary Schools Heads
1. The National Commission for Culture and the Arts (NCCA), in cooperation with the Department of Education (DepEd) and the Barasoain Kalinangan Foundation Inc., will conduct the 2016 Kaguruang Makabayan: National Training on Culture-Based Basic Education Curriculum and Lesson Exemplar Competition.
a. The Training-Workshops are clustered by regions on the following dates with their respective venues:
|Luzon||April 8-10, 2016||Bicol University, Legazpi City|
|Visayas||April 15-17, 2016||Aklan State University, Kalibo|
|Mindanao||April 22-24, 2016||St. Paul University, Surigao|
b. The schedule of the Lesson Exemplar Competition is as follows:
|Submission||August 1-25, 2016|
|Selection of Finalist||September 26-30, 2016|
|Awarding||October 28, 2016|
2. Kaguruang Makabayan seeks to provide public school teachers with comprehensive training in developing lesson exemplars and applied classrooms teaching methodologies that explore Multiple Intelligences and Mother Tongue-Based Multilingual Education (MTB-MLE) through culture-based, integrative, and interactive teaching approaches and strategies across the K to 12 Curriculum.
3. The target participants are supervisors, principals, subject area coordinators, and classroom teachers of Mother Tongue, Filipino, English, Mathematics, Science, Araling Panlipunan, Edukasyon sa Pagpapakatao (EsP), Music, Arts, Physical Education, Health (MAPEH), Edukasyong Pantahan at Pangkabuhayan (EPP), and Technology and Livelihood Education (TLE) from public elementary and secondary schools.
4. The NCCA shall provide a scholarship consisting of free tuition/ registration fee, workshop kits and materials and certificates of participation for the first 120 qualified participants of each clustered regional workshop nominated and endorsed by the schools division superintendents (SDSs), or heads of public elementary and secondary schools.
5. Transportation, meals and accommodation and other expenses not covered by the scholarship shall be charged to local funds and other funds, subject to the usual accounting and auditing rules and regulations. These expenses should be arranged by the participants themselves.
6. Interested participants who fail to qualify for the scholarship shall be charged with the full registration fee of One Thousand Pesos Only (P 1,000.00) each to cover tuition fee, workshop kits, and materials. They shall also be responsible for all other participation related costs, which may be charged to local funds, subject to the usual accounting and auditing rules and regulations.
7. The Kaguruang Makabayan Nomination and Individual Form (copy enclosed) must be accomplished, with photo scanned and sent to email address: firstname.lastname@example.org (Subject: Kaguma 2016) on or before March 20, 2016.
8. The Lesson Exemplar Competition aims to promote awareness of and appreciation for the local and national cultural icons.
9. The NCCA will be in-charge of the program, judges, and prizes for the Lesson Exemplar Competition.
10. The officers of the National Association of Cultural Educators and Scholars (NACES) listed below will assist the secretariat during the island cluster workshops.
|Island Cluster||NACES Officer||Position||School|
|Luzon||Nunilon Moreno||President||Don Carlos Village Elementary School|
|Jones Tudlong||Coordinator||Guisad Valley National High School|
|Grace Cadag||Secretary||Southville 1 National High School|
|Patson Opido||Treasurer||Cabatuan East Central School|
|Ronald Alejo||Membership||Ilocos Sur National High School|
|Visayas||Mia Biliran||President||Camaya-an National High School|
|Faith Barrete||Coordinator||Holy Name University|
|Ethel Doria||Secretary||Holy Name University|
|Analee Tiapon||Treasurer||Domingo Lacson National High School|
|Archie Gallego||Membership||Daan Bantayan National High School|
|Mindanao||Salvador Patricio||President||Baliwasan Central School|
|Vincent Sadicon||Coordinator||Misamis Oriental General Comprehensive High School|
|Renante Daguplo||Secretary||Jose L. Porras Elementary School|
|Ted Nudgent F. Tac-an||Treasurer||La Salle University Integrated School|
|Grace Dalde||Membership||Notre Dame of Marbel University|
11. They shall also be responsible for all participation related costs, which may be charged to school funds, subject to the usual accounting and auditing rules and regulations.
12. Inquiries may be addressed to the higher educational institution nearest to the applicant through the contact details provided for in the program information.
13. For more information, interested applicants may also contact Mr. Joseph J. Cristobal, Director of the Philippine Cultural Education Task Force, National Commission for Culture and the Arts (PCETF, NCCA) at telephone no. (02) 527-2192 local 309.
14. Immediate dissemination of this Memorandum is desired.
BR. ARMIN A. LUISTRO FSC
[scribd id=305322935 key=key-BXwXmYxfgmnX2Zm8BG3r mode=scroll]
Read: DM 48, s. 2016 – Announcing the Appointments of DepEd Officials