Republic of the Philippines
DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION
SCHOOLS DIVISION OFFICE OF NUEVA VIZCAYA
March 3, 2016
DIVISION MEMORANDUM No. 179 s. 2016
Public Schools District Supervisors
Principals In Charge of the District
Elementary and Secondary School Heads (Public and Private School)
SAMUEL R. SOLIVEN, Ph.D.
OIC, Schools Division Superintenent
2016 NUEVA VIZCAYA SCIENCE EDUCATORS’ CONGRESS
1. The Division of Nueva Vizcaya will conduct the 2016 Nueva Vizcaya Science Educator’s Congress on April 4-5, 2016, at Aritao C/S, Aritao, Nueva Vizcaya.
2. The Science Congress aims to:
2.1 conduct seminar-workshop on enhancing teacher competency in Science.
2.2 showcase and evaluate localized teacher-made science instructional materials, science researches and strategic intervention materials.
2.3 provide an avenue for Science Educators in Nueva Vizcaya to get together, share learning experiences as well as best science teaching practices, and get started with collaboration activities for professional advancement and self-improvement which will redound to the welfare of the learners.
3. Activities during the congress include plenary sessions, and showcasing activities such as: Strategic Intervention Materials, Science Investigatory Projects, Science Teaching Mobile Device, Search for the Teacher with the Most Number of Experiments/Activities in Science Teaching-Learning, and Best YES-0 Implementers. Guidelines and criteria for judging are uploaded in the NVSE (Nueva Vizcaya Science Enthusiasts) fb group account.
4. Participants to the activity are the members of the Nueva Vizcaya Science Educators’ Club. They will be granted service credit upon submission and approval of their Daily Time Record.
5. No registration fee shall be collected. Meals, snacks and expenses such as use of light and sound system services, certificates, prizes, honoraria of speakers, supplies and materials and other incidental expenses relative to the activity shall be charged to the Division INSET and Science.YES-0 Fund.
6. All contests entries/documents and list of participants per school/district are required to be submitted, duly endorsed by the school head on or before March 18, 2016 to the Division Office: Attention: Maricel S. Franco, Education Program Supervisor-Science.