March 14, 2016
DepEd MEMORANDUM No. 38, s. 2016
2016 PALARONG PAMBANSA
Bureau and Service Directors
Regional Secretary, ARMM
Schools Division Superintendents
Public and Private Elementary and Secondary Schools Heads
All Others Concerned
1. The Department of Education (DepEd), through the School Sports Division (SSD) of the Bureau of Learner Support Services (BLSS), shall conduct the 2016 Palarong Pambansa with the theme Transforming Communities, Transcending Through K to 12 to be held simultaneously from April 10 to 16, 2016 at the Albay Sports and Tourism Complex, Albay Province.
2. This will be hosted by the Provincial Government of Albay Province and DepEd Regional Office V assisted by the Schools Division Offices of Albay and Legaspi City.
3. The objectives of the Palarong Pambansa are to:
a. promote physical education and sports as an integral part of the Basic Education for holistic development of the youth to become responsible and globally competitive citizens of the country;
b. inculcate the spirit of discipline, teamwork, excellence, fair play, solidarity, sportsmanship, and other values inherent in sports;
c. promote and achieve peace by means of sports;
d. widen the base for talent identification, selection, recruitment, training and exposure of elementary pupils and secondary students to serve as athletes’ roster to the National Sports Associations for international competitions; and
e. provide a database that will serve as basis to further improve the school sports development programs.
4. The National Executive Committee, chaired by the Undersecretary for Governance and Operations, with the Local Host Palaro Executive Committee Co-chaired by the Governor of the Provincial Government of Albay Province and the DepEd Region V Director, along with the host schools division superintendent, is hereby convened.
5. The regional offices (ROs) shall organize their respective athletic delegations comprising the best student-athletes, coaches and officials.
6. The technical management, as well as the financial, administrative and operational matters relative to the preparations, hosting and conduct of the Palarong Pambansa shall be under the Office of the Assistant Secretary for Legal and Legislative Affairs to be assisted by the SSD under the BLSS. The SSD shall provide technical management, secretariat/staff, and operational services.
7. The sports events played in the previous 2015 Palarong Pambansa with its related general and technical guidelines shall remain in effect unless otherwise amended, modified or revised.
8. Futsal, billiards, wushu and wrestling shall be played and shall remain as demonstration sports. The winners shall be awarded with medals; however, the same shall have no merit in the count and standing of the participating regions. The team composition and sports events to be played are contained in the enclosure.
9. The Clean, Green and Eco-Friendly Policy which is being implemented during the Palarong Pambansa shall be enjoined and adhered to.
10. Immediate dissemination of this Memorandum is desired.
BR. ARMIN A. LUISTRO FSC
[scribd id=304639162 key=key-rRk2sJhf4RXFKAeXb4am mode=scroll]
- 2016 Palarong Pambansa: Initial Masterlist of Qualified Athletes, Coaches, and Chaperons by Region
- Implementing Guidelines for the Clean, Green, Organized and Eco-Friendly 2016 Palarong Pambansa
- Composition of the 2016 Palarong Pambansa National Executive Committee and Technical Management
- Constitution of the National Screening and Accreditation Committee (NSAC) for the 2016 Palarong Pambans