March 16, 2016
DepEd Memorandum No. 46, s. 2016
Bureau and Service Directors
Regional Secretary, ARMM
Schools Division Superintendents
Public and Private Elementary and Secondary Schools Heads
All Others Concerned
Implementing Guidelines for the Clean, Green, Organized and Eco-Friendly 2016 Palarong Pambansa
1. Pursuant to the Executive Order (EO) No. 26 dated February 24, 2011 entitled Declaring the Implementation of the National Greening Program as a Government Priority and DepEd Order No. 5, s. 2014 entitled Implementing Guidelines on the Integration of Gulayan Sa Paaralan, Solid Waste Management and Tree Planting under the National Greening Program, the Department of Education (DepEd) hereby issues this Memorandum with the enclosed Guidelines for the Implementation of the Clean, Green, Organized and Eco-friendly 2016 Palarong Pambansa.
2. All participants, athletes, members of the executive, working, technical and other related committees are enjoined to adhere to the clean, green and eco-friendly measures such as:
a. efficient water and light usage;
b. bringing reusable eco-friendly feeding and kitchen utensils instead of using styrofoam or plastic materials;
c. practicing the proper waste segregation, collection, transport, storage and disposal of solid wastes for the whole duration of the Palaro; and
d. proper water, sanitation and food safety measures.
3. As an incentive to the delegations for adhering to this directive, the Palaro Executive Committee is giving four recognition awards to wit:
a. Most Disciplined Delegation;
b. Most Organized Delegation;
c. Best Billeting Center; and
d. Cleanest, Greenest and Eco-Friendliest Delegation.
4. An evaluation team composed of members from the Central Office shall inspect the different billeting areas at random during the week-long Palaro. All designated clean and green coordinators are requested to be present during the inspection of the billeting areas. The implementing guidelines are found in Enclosure No. 1.
5. Enclosure No. 2 consists of the following forms for rating:
CG Form No. 1 – Rating Form for the Most Disciplined Delegation;
CG Form No. 2 – Rating Form for the Most Organized Delegation;
CG Form No. 3 – Rating Form for the Best Billeting Center;
CG Form No. 4A – Rating Form for the Cleanest, Greenest and Eco-Friendliest Delegation;
CG Form No. 4B – Rating Form for Tree Planting Report; and
CG Form No. 5 – School Baseline Report.
6. As a highlight of the clean and green activities, each region shall be required to plant native trees (minimum of 30 trees) within their billeting school premises or in the community (if there is no available space in the school) to be led by the regional director together with the sports and school officials.
7. Tree planting may be done upon arrival in the billeting school until the Palaro proper. Planting materials shall be provided by the Provincial Environment and Natural Resources Office (PENRO).
8. A report on the tree planting activity using the template in Enclosure No. 2, Clean and Green (CG) Form No. 4-B shall be submitted to the Clean, Green and Eco-Friendly Committee.
9. Immediate dissemination of this Memorandum is desired.
BR. ARMIN A. LUISTRO
[scribd id=305083128 key=key-I50wbFZP5RUMSQdYzqo9 mode=scroll]
- 2016 Palarong Pambansa
- Composition of the 2016 Palarong Pambansa National Executive Committee and Technical Management
- Constitution of the National Screening and Accreditation Committee (NSAC) for the 2016 Palarong Pambans