October 01, 2018
DepEd Memorandum No. 158, s. 2018
Table of Contents
2018 PRINCIPALS’ TEST
Bureau and Service Directors
Schools Division Superintendents
Public Elementary and Secondary School Heads
All Others Concerned
1. Passing the Principals’ Test is one of the requirements for appointment to School Principal and Assistant School Principal positions in public elementary and secondary schools, pursuant to the following DepEd Orders (DOs):
c. DO 41, s. 2016 entitled Additional Guidelines to DepEd Order No. 19, s. 2016 (Guidelines on the Organizational Structures and Staffing Patterns of Stand-Alone and Integrated Public Senior High Schools (SHS).
2. In this regard, the Department of Education (DepEd), through the Bureau of Human Resource and Organizational Development (BHROD) and the Quality Assurance Divisions of the Regional Offices (RO-QAD), shall administer the 2018 Principals’ Test tentatively on November 18, 2018.
3. The schedule of activities prior to the conduct of the test is as follows:
|October 3-16, 2018||Online Application|
|October 8-31, 2018||Evaluation and Validation of Documents|
|November 5, 2018||Release of the Final List of Examinees and Testing Venues Through a Regional Memorandum|
4. To qualify as test takers, applicants must meet any of the following experience requirements as of October 31, 2018:
a. One year as Head Teacher, or
b. Two years as Teacher-in-Charge, or
c. Two years as Master Teacher, or
d. Five years as Teacher III or SPED Teacher, or
e. Five years as incumbent public school teacher who has five years of managerial and supervisory experience in a DepEd-recognized private institution or Commission on Higher Education (CHED) recognized higher education institution.
5. Education Program Specialists and Senior Education Program Specialists shall be allowed to take the Principals’ Test provided that they meet the minimum Qualification Standards (QS) for Principal 1 position stipulated in DO 39, s. 2007 entitled Modified Qualification Standards for the Positions of Head Teachers and Principals.
6. Unsuccessful test takers or examinees in the Principals’ Test administered in 2015, 2016 and 2017 shall be given the chance to take the 2018 Principals’ Test. However, failure to pass the 2018 examination, they shall be required to undergo a specialized preparatory course before applying for the next Principals’ Test. Guidelines on the implementation of the said intervention will be issued soon.
7. The test shall cover the competencies anchored on the domains of the National Competency-Based Standards for School Heads (NCBSSH) stipulated in DO 32, s. 2010 entitled National Adoption and Implementation of the National Competency-Based Standards for School Heads. The test shall serve as a mechanism for determining the readiness of aspiring School Heads to take on the role of a school leader, instructional leader, and school manager. As such, the seven domains of the NCBSSH were clustered into three, namely:
a. Cluster Domain 1: School Leader
i. School Leadership
ii. Personal and Professional Attributes and Interpersonal Effectiveness
b. Cluster Domain 2: Instructional Leader
i. Instructional Leadership
ii. Creating Student-Centered Learning Climate
c. Cluster Domain 3: School Manager (Governance)
i. Human Resource Management and Professional Development
ii. Parent Involvement and Community Partnership
iii. School Management and Operations
8. To pass the examination, test takers must obtain a rating of at least 70% in each of the three cluster domains.
9. Official Results shall be released through a DepEd Memorandum followed by the distribution of printed Certificates of Rating (COR) of all test takers through the RO-QAD.
10. The detailed guidelines on the conduct of the 2018 Principals’ Test is enclosed.
11. For more information, contact:
The Human Resource and Development Division
4/F Mabini Bldg., Department of Education (DepEd) Central Office
DepEd Complex, Meralco Avenue, Pasig City
Email Address: email@example.com
Facebook Group: https: //www.facebook.com/groups/BHROD/
12. Immediate dissemination of this Memorandum is desired.
LEONOR MAGTOLIS BRIONES
2018 PRINCIPALS’ TEST ONLINE APPLICATION
The online application for the 2018 Principals’ Test will start on October 03 and will end on October 16, 2018.
To apply, go to:
For more information, please download DM 158, s. 2018.
2018 PRINCIPALS’ TEST ONLINE REVIEW
TAKING THE 2018 PRINCIPALS’ TEST?
Spend your vacant time reviewing with us anytime, anywhere! .
Our site and android application is accessible anytime you need it. We’ll provide answers to your questions and give solutions to your problems regarding the examination.
We are here to.
- Make regular review possible for the professional teachers who can’t afford attending a daily or weekly reviews because of busy schedules.
- Provide help to the aspiring principals who live far from different review centres in Metro Manila and in the big cities of Visayas and Mindanao.
Continue reading: https://www.principalstest.com/