Bureau and Service Directors
Schools Division Superintendents
Public and Private Elementary and Secondary Schools Heads
All Others Concerned
1. The Girl Scouts of the Philippines (GSP) will conduct its 39th Chief Girl Scout Medal Presentation Ceremony on November 27, 2015, 1:00 p.m. at the Philippine International Convention Center, CCP Complex, Pasay City. The program of this Ceremony is detailed in Enclosure No. 1.
2. GSP offers programs which are meaningful and responsive to the needs and interests of the young Girl Scouts. One of these is the Chief Girl Scout Medal Scheme (CGMS), a special program created in 1975 encouraging Senior and Cadet Girl Scouts (young women aged 15-17) to initiate and implement in their respective barangays a one-year community project focusing on health, cultural heritage, livelihood, and ecology. This year, GSP will honor 698 young women medalists nationwide who have successfully undertaken various community development projects under the Scheme. The number of medalists by regions (councils) is listed in Enclosure No. 2.
3. Around 2,700 guests nationwide, including the awardees, their parents, troop leaders, GSP officials, and community members, will witness this joyous and memorable event.
4. In view of this, Senior and Cadet Girl Scouts (high school learners) who will be awarded during the Ceremony will be excused from their classes. Arrangements must be made for these students to be able to make up for their missed classes. Moreover, chaperones of awardees (troop leaders/teachers, school officials) are allowed to attend this event on official time.
5. For more information, all concerned may contact Mrs. Ginnie W. Oribiana,
Program Director, Girl Scouts of the Philippines (GSP), National Headquarters, 901 Padre Faura Street, Ermita, Manila at telephone nos.: (02) 523-8331 to 42; fax no.: (02) 524-5144 or through firstname.lastname@example.org. ph; website address:
www.girlscouts.org.ph or facebook account: www.facebook.com/girlscoutsofthephilippines.
6. Immediate dissemination of this Memorandum is desired.
Rizalino D. Rivera