May 10, 2017
DepEd Order No. 26, s. 2017
Addendum to DepEd Order No. 51, s. 2015
Bureau and Service Directors
Schools Division Superintendents
Public Elementary and Secondary Schools Heads
All Others Concerned
1. Relative to DepEd Order (DO) No. 51, s. 2015 entitled Guidelines on the Implementation of the Senior High School (SHS) Program in Existing Public Junior High Schools (JHSs) and Integrated Schools (ISs), Establishment of Stand-Alone Public SHSs, and Conversion of Existing Public Elementary and JHSs Into Stand-Alone SHSs, a provision on approving the establishment of a stand-alone SHS is hereby added.
2. In this connection, Part VI B, Item No. 6 of the guidelines enclosed to said DO shall read as follows:
6. Consistent with Section 7B par. (13) of Republic Act No. 9155, otherwise known as the Governance of Basic Education Act of 2001, the regional director shall issue a certification approving the establishment of stand-alone SHSs. The Secretary, through the Planning Service, shall confirm the JHSs and ISs that will implement the SHS Program, the stand-alone SHSs to be established, and the existing Elementary and JHSs to be converted into SHSs, through the issuance of a DepEd Memorandum, copy furnished the DBM. The Planning Service shall issue the DepEd School ID to all stand-alone SHSs and existing Elementary or JHSs converted into SHSs confirmed by the Secretary.
3. All other provisions of the said Order shall remain in effect.
4. Immediate dissemination of and strict compliance with this Order is directed.
(Sgd)ATTY. ALBERTO T. MUYOT