The Department of Education (DepEd) through Curriculum and Learning Management Division (CLMD) conducts the Regional Training on the Enhancement of Developmentally Appropriate Practices (DAP) Early Language, Literacy and Numeracy (ELLN) and Inclusive Child-Centered Technique. The participants to this activity composed of Curriculum Implementation Division (CID) Chiefs, Education Program Supervisors, Public School District Supervisors, School Heads, Kindergarten to Grade III Teachers, and Master Teachers.
Table of Contents
The DAP-ELLN training aims to:
The above activity aims to gain understanding and enhance knowledge on the following topics:
- Oral language in the mother tongue
- Socio-emotional learning skills development and learning
- Numeracy (Math) development and learning
- Value of engaging community members in children’s learning and development
- Different formative assessments (classroom-based) with corresponding interventions
- Multi-Factored Assessment Tools (MFAT)
- Inclusive-Child Centered Technique.
- Provide a better understanding of Kindergarten teaching through an understanding of the content of the Kindergarten Teacher’s Guides
- Emphasize the importance of Developmentally Appropriate Practice in Kindergarten
- Demonstrate the Blocks of Time approach used in Kindergarten
- Inform of the different topics and experiences that the Kindergarten teachers will undergo for the rest of the training
- Explain the purpose of Phil. ECD Checklist and types of Kindergarten classroom assessment and its tools;
- Enhance knowledge on the preparation of Digitalize IM’s and Phonemic Awareness
Transportation allowance of the participants and trainers/facilitators shall be charged against the school’s MOOE and other local funds subject to usual accounting and auditing rules.
Participants and Management staff shall be entitled to service credits in accordance with DepEd Order No. 53, s. 2003 entitled Updated Guidelines on the Grant of Vacation Service Credits to Teachers. On the other hand, non- teaching personnel, including management staff shall be provided with Compensatory Time-off (CTO) per Civil Service Commission (CSC) and Department of Budget and Management (DBM) Joint Circular No. 2, s. 2004 on Non-Monetary Remuneration for Overtime Service Rendered.
Sample DepEd DAP-ELLN Program Matrix / Session Guide
- Session 1: Principles of Child Growth & Development
- Session 2: How Do Children Grow, Develop & Learn?
- Session 3: Developing Thinking Skills: Foundations of Literacy of Learning
- Session 4: Emerging Literacy Games & Activities
- Session 5: Instruction Essentials for Emerging Readers
- Session 6: Breaking the Code: Reading & Language Arts
- Session 7: Vocabulary & Comprehension
- Session 8: Literature-Based Experiences Using Graphic Organizers: Meaningful Exploration of Story Elements
- Session 9A: Developing Thinking Skils: How Children Learn Math?
- Session 9B: Numerancy Activities: Operations on Whole Numbers
- Session 10A: Numerancy Activities: The Concept of Number
- Session 10B: Numerancy Activities: Place Value and the Decimal System
- Session 11: The Concept of Number: Multi-Digit Addition and Subtraction
- Session 12: Development Screening and Assessment within the Classroom: Using the Philippine ECCD Checklist
- Session 13: Developmental Screening and Assessment within the Classroom: Using the Informal Classroom Assessment Tool for K to 3
- Session 14A: Reading Development, Reading Programs & Reading Difficulties
- Session 15: Assesssing Reading Performance Using Informal Inventories
- Session 16A: Developing Alphabet Knowledge, Oral Language
- Session 16B: Developing Phonological and Phonemic Awareness
- Session 16C: Developing Decoding
- Session 16D: Developing Comprehension
- Session 17: Common Math Difficulties: Introduction to Math Remediation
- Session 18A: Strategies to Address Common Math Difficulties
- Session 18B: Workshop on Planning for Interventions
- Session 19: Optimizing Learning in the K to 3 Classroom
- Session 20: Principles of DAP and Implications for Effective Implementations of K to 12
- Session 21: Working with Teachers: Applying Theories of Adult Development & Learning to In-Service Capacity Building
- Session 22: Planning School-based/District-based Staff Development Activities: Learning Action Cell (LACs)