Attached are the Procedures in Conducting Career Consultation of DepEd Memorandum DM-OUCI-2021-347 from the Office of the Undersecretary for Curriculum and Instruction, dated August 25, 2021, announcing the DepEd Career Guidance Program (CGP) for S.Y. 2021-2022.
Procedures in Conducting Career Consultation
Career Consultation procedure:
- Guidance Counselors and Career Advocates provide career consultation services.
- Learners should be informed that the school offers career consultation services. The school should provide procedure, schedule, scope and limitations of this service.
- Each session may last from 30 minutes to 60 minutes. The session includes:
- Introduction and building rapport
- Asking about the learner’s career concerns
- Exploring different aspects of the learner’s concern
- Offering possible sources of information (pamphlet, magazines, brochures or online resources/articles)
- Assisting in the creation of action plans/outputs
- Career Consultation aims to assist learners by equipping them with significant information related to career development. Career consultation may include:
c. courses / degree programs,
d. career development activities,
e. Labor Market Information (LMI),
f. local employment information,
i. skills development and certification,
l. requirements for the different curriculum exits, and
m. different career assessment tools.
- The Guidance Counselor and Career Advocate should have proper documentation of all facilitated career consultations.
- Concerns beyond information on career guidance should be handled by a Registered Guidance Counselor or this may be referred to other professionals for further assistance.