February 23, 2014
DepEd Order No. 10, s. 2004
Schools Division/City Superintendents
1. To strengthen the institutionalization of Early Childhood Care and Development and in its efforts to improve the quality of education, the Bureau of Elementary Education (BEE) through the Curriculum Development Division (CDD) has revised the 8-Week Early Childhood Experiences (ECE) for Grade One.
2. Considering that most of the Grade 1 entrants have not gone through preschool experiences, the ECE has been enriched and aligned with the Basic Education Curriculum (BEC) making it an integral part of the Grade 1 Curriculum. Copies of this Curriculum have been distributed to all schools nationwide.
3. In view of these, all Grade 1 teachers are enjoined to implement the Enhanced 8-Week ECE for the first twjp. (2) months of the school year. The skills developed in the different learning areas during this period will be the basis for marking the first grading period.
4. To ensure the proper implementation of the said curriculum, all Grade 1 teachers are required to attend the Training on the Utilization of the Enhanced 8-Week ECE Curriculum. The Early Childhood pevelopment/Preschoo! Coordinators who were oriented on the 8-week curriculum will conduct the said training in their respective divisions between April and May 2004. The training schedule of Grade 1 teachers must be submitted to the CDD-BEE, DepED Complex, Meralco Avenue, Pasig City not later than March 1, 2004.
5. Training expenses shall be charged against local funds subject to the usual accounting and auditing rules and regulations.
6. Strict compliance with this Order is directed.
EDILBERTO C. DE JESUS