October 18, 2017
DepEd Memorandum No. 165, s. 2017
IMPLEMENTATION OF GRADE 11 CAREER GUIDANCE PROGRAM FOR SCHOOL YEAR 2017-2018
Bureau and Service Directors
Schools Division Superintendents
Public and Private Elementary and Secondary Schools Heads
All Others Concerned
1. The Department of Education issues the enclosed career guidance modules on the Implementation of Grade 11 Career Guidance Program (CGP) for School Year 2017-2018.
2. The Program aims to:
a. apply decision-making skills to career planning course selection and career transitions; and
b. realize that the changing workplace requires lifelong learning and acquiring new skills.
3. The modules were rolled-out nationwide during the National Training of Trainers and Mass Training of Teachers and Career Advocates per DepEd Memorandum No. 8, s. 2017. This shall be delivered by the class adviser during the weekly Homeroom Guidance between August, 2017 to March, 2018. The school heads/principals in close coordination with the school guidance counselors/coordinators/advocates shall ensure and supervise the implementation of the Career Guidance Modules.
4. The schools are encouraged to deliver four modules each semester. These are Modules 1 to 4 for the first semester and Modules 5 to 8, for second semester. However, the adviser has the leeway on the schedule of the conduct of the modules. Close coordination between Grade 11 advisers shall be done, should there be different advisers for the first and second semesters. The school guidance counselors or designated guidance coordinators shall assist the advisers and make the necessary arrangements on the conduct of the modules.
5. The Career Guidance Modules contain the following eight titles:
a. Road to the Right Choice;
b. Releasing the Power Within;
c. Reaffirming the Chosen Track;
d. Fit Me Right;
e. Rising Toward the Reality of My Dreams;
f. Up, Up in the Ladder of My Career;
g. Beginning the Journey Where I Am; and
h. I Plan to Succeed.
6. The school guidance counselors or designated guidance coordinators/ advocates shall accomplish the Monitoring Report Form provided in Enclosure No. 1 per semester. The report shall be submitted to the Division Youth Formation Coordinators (YFC) for consolidation. The designated Division YFC of Schools Governance Operations Division (SGOD) shall submit the division consolidated report to the regions. The designated Regional YFC from the Education Support Services Division (ESSD) shall submit the regional consolidated report to the Youth Formation Division-Bureau of Learner Support Services. Soft copies shall be submitted to [email protected] in November 2017 for the first semester and on the second week of April 2018 for the second semester.
7. The modules can also be accessed through the DepEd Learning Resource Management and Development System (LRMDS).
8. Expenses related to the conduct of the career guidance program shall be charged to local funds or school Maintenance and Other Operating Expenses (MOOE) subject to the usual accounting and auditing rules and regulations.
9. Immediate dissemination of this Memorandum is desired.
LEONOR MAGTOLIS BRIONES