August 16, 2016
DepEd Memorandum No. 128, s. 2016
IMPLEMENTATION OF SCHOOL-BASED IMMUNIZATION PROGRAM
Bureau and Service Directors
Schools Division Superintendents
Public Elementary and Secondary Schools Heads
All Others Concerned
1. The Department of Health (DOH) and the Department of Education (DepEd) have implemented the School-Based Immunization Program as the government’s effort in the morbidity and mortality of school-aged children due to vaccine-related preventable diseases.
2. The School-Based Immunization Program is implemented through the provision of Measles-Rubella (MR) and Tetanus Diptheria (Td) vaccines to all Grade 1 and Grade 7 learners nationwide. The vaccines are provided for free and the vaccination will be conducted every August as a routine activity of the Program. As such, issuance of yearly memorandum is not necessary unless there are changes in the implementation of the Program.
3. The guidelines of the School-Based Immunization Program are the same as those enclosed in DepEd Memorandum No. 82, s. 2015 entitled Guidelines on the Implementation of School-Based Immunization Program.
4. The regional directors, schools division superintendents and other school officials are enjoined to provide full support in the conduct of the activity. School health personnel are expected to coordinate with DOH regional and provincial health officers for the implementation and for the conduct of the vaccination. This activity shall be monitored by the DOH and DepEd central, regional and schools division offices.
5. Parental consent must be secured prior to the conduct of the vaccination.
6. For more information, all concerned may contact Ms. Girlie Azurin, Senior Education Specialist, School Health Division-Bureau of Learner Support Service (SHD-BLSS), 3rd Floor, Mabini Bldg., Department of Education (DepEd) Central Office, DepEd Complex, Meralco Avenue, Pasig City at telephone no. (02) 632-9935.
7. Immediate dissemination of this Memorandum is desired.
LEONOR MAGTOLIS BRIONES
- DM 127, s. 2016 – Administration of Test of English Proficiency for Teachers and Process Skills Test in Science and Mathematics for the School Year 2016-2017
- DM 126, s. 2016 – Administration of the Philippine Educational Placement Test for the School Year 2016-2017
- DM 123, s. 2016 – 7th National Scout Venture Camp of the Boy Scout of the Philippines
- DM 122, s. 2016 – Implementation of the DepEd Computerization Program for Batches 37 E-Classroom Packages for Public Stand-Alone Senior High Schools