Administration of Test of English Proficiency for Teachers and Process Skills Test in Science and Mathematics for the School Year 2016-2017
August 16, 2016
DepEd Memorandum No. 127, s. 2016
ADMINISTRATION OF TEST OF ENGLISH PROFICIENCY FOR TEACHERS AND PROCESS SKILLS TEST IN SCIENCE AND MATHEMATICS FOR THE SCHOOL YEAR 2016-2017
Bureau and Service Directors
Schools Division Superintendents
Public Secondary School Heads
All Others Concerned
1. The Department of Education (DepEd), through the Bureau of Education Assessment (BEA) with the assistance of schools divisions and public secondary schools personnel, shall administer the Test of English Proficiency for Teachers (TEPT) and Process Skills Test (PST) in Science and Mathematics to all Grades 7 and 8 public school teachers in Science and Mathematics by cluster from September to December 2016 on Saturdays and/or Sundays. The BEA shall provide the dates, venues, and clustering of regions.
2. The BEA’s authorized forwarder/courier shall deliver the test materials at least two weeks before the test administration, except for the schools division offices (SDOs) of the National Capital Region, where the delivery shall be five days before the test administration. The same forwarder/courier shall retrieve all the test materials one week after the conduct of the test. Hence, all SDOs are instructed to ensure that the test materials are ready for pick-up/retrieval by the authorized forwarder/courier.
3. In the conduct of the TEPT and PST, the Division Testing Coordinator (DTC) will serve as the Chief Examiner, while the Education Supervisors and Secondary School Principals as Room Examiners. The teacher-examinees shall be given one day service credit as provided in DepEd Order No. 53, s. 2003 entitled Updated Guidelines on Grant of Vacation Service Credits to Teachers.
4. Prior to the conduct of the TEPT-PST, a national conference will be held to ensure proper and standardized test administration and resolve related concerns. BEA shall inform all schools divisions of the schedule and venue.
5. Travel expenses and allowable expenses shall be charged to BEA Funds, subject to the usual accounting and auditing rules and regulations.
6. Immediate dissemination of this Memorandum is desired.
LEONOR MAGTOLIS BRIONES
- DM 126, s. 2016 – Administration of the Philippine Educational Placement Test for the School Year 2016-2017
- DM 123, s. 2016 – 7th National Scout Venture Camp of the Boy Scout of the Philippines
- DM 122, s. 2016 – Implementation of the DepEd Computerization Program for Batches 37 E-Classroom Packages for Public Stand-Alone Senior High Schools