August 23, 2016
DepEd Memorandum No. 133, s. 2016
NATIONAL INVENTORY OF PUBLIC RECORDS
Bureau and Service Directors
Regional Secretary, ARMM
Schools Division Superintendents
All Others Concerned
1. Pursuant to the implementation of the Republic Act No. 9470, otherwise known as The National Archives Act of 2007 and relative to DepEd Memorandum No. 99, s. 2012 entitled Orientation-Seminars on the Conduct of the National Inventory of Public Records, it is directed that the central office (CO), regional offices (ROs), and the schools division offices (SDOs) of the Department of Education (DepEd) must submit immediately the following requirements to the National Archives of the Philippines (NAP) for better coordination and for strengthening the system of records keeping:
a. List of records officers or custodians in the CO, ROs, and SDOs with their respective complete addresses and contact details using the form in Enclosure No. 1.
b. One hundred percent compliance or submission of properly accomplished NAP National Inventory Form detailed in Enclosure No. 2.
2. The law mandated that an inventory of all records must be done in all agencies in order to:
a. establish a public access registry and to identify government employees who will be accountable or responsible for records management;
b. examine, identify and making a list records of all government agencies in order to have a systematic and easy tracking of records;
c. help in classifying and preserving records which are of permanent and enduring value;
d. depreciate the effects of disaster and for the preparation of a digitized records inventory; and
e. plan a proposed retention period of records and to implement an approved Records Disposition Schedule (RDS).
3. Complete submission of all the requirements is essential, because this will be the basis of NAP to include DepEd to be able to avail of these two other priority projects:
a. Digitalization of government records in preparation for the system-wide shift to electronic media as mandated and funded by the Department of Budget and Management; and
b. Disaster Preparedness and e-Governance.
4. The guidelines in the submission of the requirements are the following:
a. Regional and division offices shall submit requirements directly to the National Archives of the Philippines (NAP) at VELCO Center, R.S. Oca corner Delgado Streets, Port Area, Manila copy furnished the Administrative Service-Records Division, Department of Education (DepEd) Central Office on or before September 7, 2016;
b. All offices within the CO, such as bureaus, services, divisions and offices of the secretary, undersecretaries, and assistant secretaries must also undertake inventory of all documents/records to be submitted to the Administrative Service-Records Division on or before September 2, 2016. The Records Division shall consolidate all submitted requirements and submit to NAP on or before September 9, 2016.
5. For Item 4.b requirement, complete inventory of all documents or records under the custody of all offices in the CO, ROs, and SDOs must be submitted. All concerned may use the approved DepEd RDS, page 95, Chapter V of the DepEd Records Management Operations Manual as a guide in accomplishing the records series and retention period of the NAP National Inventory Form (copy enclosed).
6. In case there are records or documents which are not included in the approved DepEd RDS, all concerned may include it in the list of inventory form, and proper records series and retention period will be updated in the DepEd RDS.
7. For more information, all concerned may contact the Administrative Service-Records Division, Department of Education (DepEd) Central Office, Meralco Avenue, Pasig City at telephone nos. (02) 687-1449 or (02) 633-7218.
8. Immediate dissemination of this Memorandum is desired.
LEONOR MAGTOLIS BRIONES
[scribd id=322002814 key=key-gCvgigUPvUdL83q14HBc mode=scroll]