June 7, 2016
DepEd Memorandum No. 90, s. 2016
NATIONAL TRAINING IN SPORTS COACHING (Developmental Level)
Bureaus and Services Directors
Regional Secretary, ARMM
Schools Division Superintendents
Public Secondary Schools Heads
1. In its effort to upgrade the coaching competencies of the coaches and trainers, the Department of Education (DepEd), through the Bureau of Learner Support Services – School Sports Division (BLSS-SSD), shall conduct the National Training in Sports Coaching (Developmental Level) from July 25 to 29, 2016 at Baguio Teachers Camp, Baguio City.
2. The Training is designed to help coaches implement developmentally appropriate training programs which improve technical ability. It covers the role of the coach, modern training methodologies, and player development. The main objective of this training is to capacitate the regional and schools division coaches and trainers on the current trends, scientific coaching, and training techniques in their respective sport discipline.
3. There shall be 45 coaches per region attending the training, preferably the teacher-coaches and trainers who would best represent their public high schools offering the sports track in the regions. Participants shall be required to submit the following:
a. a certification from the school principal or from the schools division superintendent that he or she is presently coaching a team;
b. an evidence showing that he or she has at least five years of coaching experience; and
c. a medical certification from a government physician that he or she is medically and physically fit.
4. Likewise, participants are required to bring their personal sports equipment, and to wear proper attire during the conduct of the training.
5. Expenses for this activity such as board and lodging, training kit, honoraria of resource speakers, traveling expenses of the management staff and resource persons, rental of venues and transport vehicles, office and sports supplies and equipment, and other incidental expenses shall be charged to the Physical Fitness and School Sports Competition Funds of the 2015 General Appropriations Act, subject to the usual accounting and auditing rules and regulations. However, traveling expenses of participants shall be charged to local funds.
6. The regional office shall submit a list of participants using the enclosed form not later than June 15, 2016 to the Project Secretariat, BLSS-SSD. The schedule of activities and the required number of participants per sport and region are contained in the enclosure.
7. For more information, inquiries and confirmation of attendance, all concerned may contact Dr. Kristine P. Cinco or Ms. Jessica Elizabeth S. Brillantes through fax no.: (02) 632-0260; or through email address: [email protected]
8. Immediate dissemination of this Memorandum is desired.
BR. ARMIN A. LUISTRO FSC
[scribd id=315045929 key=key-n33SlquqrB5h8Q9qH42r mode=scroll]