June 15, 2017
DepEd Memorandum No. 108, s. 2017
FOURTH BATCH OF THE NATIONAL TRAINING OF LEGAL OFFICERS ON BASIC EDUCATION LAWS AND LEGAL PROCESSES
Bureau and Service Directors
Schools Division/City Superintendents
All Others Concerned
1. The Department of Education (DepEd), through the Office of the Undersecretary for Legal Affairs, will conduct the Fourth Batch of the National Training of Legal Officers on Basic Education Laws and Legal Processes from July 3 to 7, 2017 at the Ecotech Center, Lahug, Cebu City.
2. The Training aims to:
a. train the legal officers especially those who are newly appointed under the Rationalization Program of the Department;
b. help them acquire/improve their knowledge and application of the following:
i. Philippine Basic Education Law;
ii. Basic Administrative Laws;
iii. DepEd Order No. 49, s. 2006 (Administrative Proceedings of DepEd);
iv. DepEd Order No. 35, s. 2004 (Grievance Machinery);
v. DepEd Order No. 15, s. 2012 (Alternative Dispute Resolution);
vi. DepEd Order No. 88, s. 2010 (Regulation of Private Schools);
vii. Child Protection Policy and Anti-Bullying Law;
viii. School Sites Titling; and
ix.Procurement Laws and Procedure.
c. improve their skills on the following:
i. Investigation and Prosecution;
ii. Conciliation and Mediation; and
iii. Legal Research and Writing.
3. The target participants are those from regional, schools division offices and central office (CO) who are holders of the following items by virtue of an appointment or designation through a Memorandum issued by the appointing authority:
|Office||Participant and Designation|
|Regional Office||Attorney IV, Special Investigator III and Legal Assistant II|
|Schools Division Office||Attorney III and Legal Assistant I|
|Central Office||Attorney V, Attorney IV, Attorney III, Attorney II, Special Investigator III, Special Investigator II and Legal Assistant II|
4. All participants are expected to be at the venue on Sunday, July 2, 2017. Check-in time is at 2:00 p.m. and General Registration starts at 3:00 p.m. The first meal to be served is dinner on the same day. Check-out time will be after breakfast on Saturday, July 8, 2017.
5. Travel expenses of regional and schools division participants shall be charged to local funds, while food and accommodation of all participants and travel expenses of CO participants as well as the CO training team and staff, and other incidental expenses shall be charged to Human Resource Training and Development (HRTD) Funds, subject to the usual accounting and auditing rules and regulations.
6. The legal officers of the regional offices (ROs) are directed to confirm the attendance of participants, using the template contained in the enclosure, from their respective ROs and schools division offices to firstname.lastname@example.org. The Director of the Legal Service will assign the legal officer who shall be the one to confirm the list of the participants from the CO to the secretariat. Each participant is required to bring (a) one laptop; and (b) one flash drive.
7. In preparation for the training, participants are expected to review laws and rules to be discussed in the training as indicated in the afore-mentioned training objectives.
8. Likewise, participants are encouraged to submit in advance their questions, on or before June 30, 2017, pertaining to the topics to be discussed during the training. Questions may be sent by email to email@example.com.
9. For more information, all concerned may contact any of the following:
Atty. Jemirose R. Loot
Executive Assistant IV
Office of the Undersecretary for Legal Affairs (OULA)
Department of Education (DepEd) Central Office DepEd Complex, Meralco Avenue, Pasig City
Telephone No.: (02) 638-8636
Atty. Kristel Joy P. Biscayda
Executive Assistant III, OULA
Telephone No.: (02) 633-7205
10. Immediate dissemination of this Memorandum is desired.
LEONOR MAGTOLIS BRIONES