Schools Division Superintendents
Public and Private Elementary and Secondary Schools Heads
All Others Concerned
1. The Department of Education (DepEd), through the Bureau of Elementary Education (BEE) and the Bureau of Secondary Education (BSE), will conduct the 2015 National Training of Trainers (NTOT) on Campus Journalism from January 18 to 22, 2016 for Luzon in Naga City and from January 25 to 29, 2016 for Visayas and Mindanao in Iloilo City.
2. This is pursuant to Republic Act No. 7079, otherwise known as Campus Journalism Act of 1991.
3. The Training aims to:
a. orient the school paper advisers (SPAs) on the current trends and new developments in Campus Journalism and in digital communications media;
b. enhance their journalistic writing and editing skills;
c. teach the SPAs the basics of TV script writing and broadcasting in campus journalism;
d. train the SPAs in using PageMaker/InDesign to lay out and design pages and in utilizing various graphic illustrations and photo enhancement software;
e. provide a healthy forum in addressing issues and concerns relative to the conduct of the National Schools Press Conference (NSPC); and
f. finalize each region’s training and return of service plans.
4. Each region is given 20 slots for this training: ten for the basic course and ten for the advanced course. In case the region has confirmed to send fewer than 20 participants, the remaining slots will be given to other regions that are willing to send more. After a thorough evaluation, the participants from each region shall compose the regional training team.
5. The participants are required to finish the training. Those who will not finish it will be given a Certificate of Appearance only.
6. The selection criteria for the NTOT on Campus Journalism is stipulated in Enclosure No. 2. The curriculum vitae and portfolios of the regional trainers should be with the regional journalism supervisors.
7. Aside from the 20 slots allotted to each region, a separate slot shall be given to the regional journalism supervisors. The regional supervisors shall monitor the regional delegation during the NTOT. These supervisors shall also take charge of the Journalism training roll-out and evaluation of the trainees’ performance.
8. Each participant shall pay a registration fee of Five Thousand Pesos (P 5,000.00) charged to the school’s Maintenance and Other Operating Expenses (MOOE), local or regional funds, Special Education Fund (SEF), or the School Campus Journalism Fund, subject to the usual accounting and auditing rules and regulations. The registration fee shall be used to cover costs of the participants’ board and lodging, supplies and materials. The first meal to be served is lunch on Day 0, and the last meal is afternoon snack on Day 3.
9. Travel expenses, cost of board and lodging of the members of National Training Management Team and the resource speakers, and other related expenses incurred in the conduct of the training shall be charged to OSec Campus Journalism Funds, subject to the usual accounting and auditing rules and regulations.
10. The participants are required to bring their laptop (Wi-Fi ready or with mobile broadband modem), digital camera, and video recorder for the training. The Training Matrix is contained in Enclosure Nos. la and lb.
11. Each region is encouraged to accomplish the group confirmation sheet in advance provided in Enclosure No. 3, and send it through firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com on or before December 11, 2015.
12. For more information, all concerned may contact or visit any of the following:
Attention: Ms. Lea Delfin-Estuye
Bureau of Elementary Education
2nd Floor, Bonifacio Building
DepEd Complex, Meralco Avenue, Pasig City
Telefax No.: (02) 638-4700
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Attention: Ms. Anna Marie Baligod-San Diego
Bureau of Secondary Education
3rd Floor, Bonifacio Building DepEd Complex, Meralco Avenue, Pasig City
Telefax Nos.: (02) 632-7586/(02) 636-5172
Email Address: email@example.com