Bureau and Service Directors
Schools Division Superintendents
Public Secondary School, Heads
All Others Concerned
1. To ensure the maximum utilization and proper care of the Advanced Science Equipment and Sensors distributed to the Regional Science High Schools (RSHSs) and Engineering and Science Education Program (ESEP) High Schools nationwide, the Department of Education-National Science Teaching Instrumentation Center (DepEd-NSTIC) will facilitate the Training-Workshop on the Use and Care of Advanced Science Equipment and Sensors to Recipient RSHSs and ESEP High Schools Science Teachers by area on the following dates with respective venues and number of participants:
2. The Training-Workshop aims to:
a. familiarize the science teachers with the functionality, operation, application and maintenance of the delivered equipment and sensors for maximum utilization of the equipment; and
b. raise their level of awareness and competence in the manipulation of the equipment and to have them cascade the knowledge and skills acquired to other science teachers in their respective areas.
3. The conduct of the Training-Workshop to be facilitated by the DepEd-NSTIC is in compliance with the requirement of the contract for project Mass Production and Supply and Delivery of Science and Mathematics Equipment to 544 Public Secondary Schools, RSHSs and ESEP Schools mentioned in Bid Bulletin No. 1, Paragraph XI, issued on December 28, 2012, in which Section V. Special Conditions of Contract (SCC), GCC Clause 6.2 was amended to include training of teachers, to wit:
For Lots 8-11, the following are the training data…The Supplier(s) will train the participants on the operation and maintenance of the Advanced Science Equipment and Computer-Aided Science Learning System. They should provide user’s manual and sample experiments manual for equipment which will be used in experimentation.
4. The participants to this activity are the 196 science teachers from the RSHSs and ESEP High Schools carefully selected by their respective Regional and Schools Division Science Supervisors based on the criteria set by NSTIC. The training matrix is enclosed for reference.
5. Physics and Chemistry teachers are the target participants of the workshop. The regional directors are requested to ensure that their respective regions can send the required number of participants to the Training-Workshop so that the delivered advanced science equipment can be fully utilized during classroom instruction, and its operating life will be maximized or even extended. Participants are requested to bring reference materials such as textbook and laptops.
6. The following recipient schools nearest to the training venue are requested to bring the complete package of the advanced science equipment they received for use during the Training-Workshop:
7. The participants who will bring their complete package of the advanced science equipment are requested to be at the training venue a day prior to Day 1 so that the NSTIC personnel can do the final evaluation of the condition of the equipment.
8. The first meal to be served will be lunch of the day prior to Day 1 and the last meal will be breakfast of the day after Day 2. Check-in will be 1:00 p.m. on the day prior to Day 1 while the check-out will be at 12:00 noon of the day after Day 2.
9. Payment of the board and lodging of the participants and facilitators, resource persons with allowable honoraria are chargeable to the Human Resource Training and Development (HRTD) Funds, while funds for the purchase of training materials, consumables and other related expenses will be charged to local funds, subject to the usual accounting and auditing rules and regulations.
10. For more information, all concerned may contact Ms. Natalie O. Olis or Mr. Marvin S. Maquilas at the Department of Education-National Science Teaching Instrumentation Center (DepEd-NSTIC), Ecotech Center, Sudlon, Lahug, Cebu City at telephone no. (032) 255-3633, telefax no. (032) 255-3005; mobile phone no. 0906-233-8659 or send a message through email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
11. Immediate dissemination of this Memorandum is desired.
Download: TRAINING-WORKSHOP ON THE USE AND CARE OF ADVANCED SCIENCE EQUIPMENT AND SENSORS TO RECIPIENT RSHSs AND ESEP HIGH SCHOOLS SCIENCE TEACHERS
Read: 39th Chief Girl Scout Medal Presentation Ceremony of the Girl Scouts of the Philippines