October 18, 2017
DepEd Memorandum No. 164, s. 2017
2016 ACCREDITATION AND EQUIVALENCY (A&E) TEST REGISTRATION AND ADMINISTRATION
Bureau and Service Directors
Schools Division Superintendents
Public and Private Elementary and Secondary Schools Heads
All Others Concerned
1. The Department of Education (DepEd), through the Bureau of Education Assessment (BEA), announces the registration period for and administration of Accreditation and Equivalency (A&E) Test.
2. A&E Test applicants may register from October 2 to 25, 2017 at the schools division offices (SDOs) or district offices (DOs) identified by the schools division superintendents as registration centers. Pursuant to DepEd Order No. 44, s. 2017 entitled Guidelines on Updating the Status of Learners of the Alternative Learning System in the Learner Information System as of the End of Calendar Year 2016, the following may take the A&E Test:
a. Learners in the Alternative Learning System (ALS) and Nonformal Education programs;
b. Out-of-School children and youth who are prepared for assessment; and
c. Adults who are seeking Certification of Learning.
3. Applicants shall be at least 12 years old for elementary level and at least 16 years old for junior high school.
4. Registration requirements are as follows:
a. Original and photocopy of Certification of ALS Program (for ALS learners only);
b. Original and photocopy of birth certificate from the Philippine Statistics Authority (formerly National Statistics Office);
c. If copy of the birth certificate from the Philippine Statistics Authority is not available, any of these documents may be presented:
d. Two pieces lxl identical ID photo (white background with name tag).
i. Baptismal certificate;
ii. Voter’s ID (with photo and signature);
iv. Driver’s license; or
v. Any legal document bearing the applicant’s photo, name and signature.
5. The Schools Division Superintendents shall:
a. designate a registration officer both in the SDOs and DOs;
b. identify the testing centers both in the SDOs and DOs (refer to DepEd Order No. 55, s. 2016 for testing center requirements);
c. assign personnel with experience in the conduct of BEA testing programs as room examiners, room supervisors, and chief examiners per testing center; and
d. attest the ALS Program Completion of A&E test applicants (for ALS learners only).
6. Regional Testing Coordinators and Division Testing Coordinators (DTCs) shall monitor the registration process in the SDOs and DOs.
7. The final number and the list of qualified registrants per testing center shall be submitted by the DTCs, using the format provided in the enclosure to BEA through [email protected] or courier by October 27, 2017.
8. The following enclosures shall guide and be utilized by registration officers and DTCs:
Enclosure No. 1 – Certificate of ALS Program Completion;
Enclosure No. 2 – Registration Form; and
Enclosure No. 3 – Template for Registration.
9. The assigned testing center for applicants shall be indicated in the registration form by the registration officer.
10. The A&E Test will be administered nationwide by cluster on the following dates:
11. Only registered applicants shall be allowed to take the test during the scheduled dates.
12. In compliance with DepEd Memorandum No. 121, s. 2017 entitled Clarification on the Implementation of Portfolio Assessment in the Alternative Learning System, portfolio assessment will not be required for A&E Test this year and will not be a part of the final rating. The passing rate is still 75% as per DepEd Order No. 55, s. 2016 entitled Policy Guidelines on the National Assessment of Student Learning for the K to 12 Basic Education Program.
13. For more information, contact the Bureau of Education Assessment-Education Assessment Division (BEA-EAD), Department of Education (DepEd) Central Office, 2nd Floor, Bonifacio Building, DepEd Complex, Meralco Avenue, Pasig City at telephone no. (02) 631-2589.
14. Immediate dissemination of this Memorandum is desired.
LEONOR MAGTOLIS BRIONES
Enclosure No. 1 Accreditation and Equivalency (A&E) Test – Certificate of ALS Program Completion
Enclosure No. 2 Accreditation and Equivalency (A&E) Test – Registration Form
Enclosure No. 3 Accreditation and Equivalency (A&E) Test – Template for Registration