Administration of the TEPT and the Process Skills Test (PST)
October 18, 2017
DepEd Memorandum No. 162, s. 2017
ADMINISTRATION OF THE TEST OF ENGLISH PROFICIENCY FOR TEACHERS (TEPT) AND THE PROCESS SKILLS TEST (PST) IN SCIENCE AND MATHEMATICS
Bureau and Service Directors
Schools Division Superintendents
Public Secondary Schools Heads
All Others Concerned
1. The Department of Education (DepEd), through the Bureau of Education Assessment (BEA) with the assistance of schools divisions and public secondary schools personnel, will administer the Test of English Proficiency for Teachers (TEPT) and the Process Skills Test (PST) in Science and Mathematics by cluster from October to December 2017 on Saturdays and /or Sundays. The BEA will provide the specific dates, venues, and clustering of regions.
2. The TEPT-PST will be administered to all Grades 9 and 10 public school teachers in Science and Mathematics.
3. Aside from monitoring the conduct of the test administration, the BEA staff shall bring and retrieve the test materials intended for their assigned schools division.
4. In the conduct of the TEPT-PST, the Division Testing Coordinator will serve as the Chief Examiner, while the Education Program Supervisors and Secondary School Principals will be the Room Examiners. The teacher-examinees shall be given one day service credit as provided in DepEd Order No. 53, s. 2003 entitled Updated Guidelines on Grant of Vacation Service Credits to Teachers.
5. Teachers, who already took the recently concluded TEPT-PST for Grades 7 and 8 and are also teaching Grades 9 and 10 Science and Mathematics subjects need not take the forthcoming TEPT and PST.
6. For more information and clarifications, contact the Bureau of Education Assessment-Education Assessment Division (BEA-EAD), Department of Education (DepEd) Central Office, 2nd Floor Bonifacio Building, DepEd Complex, Meralco Avenue, Pasig City at telephone nos. (02) 631-2589 or through e-mail address: [email protected]
7. Immediate dissemination of this Memorandum is desired.
LEONOR MAGTOLIS BRIONES