June 20, 2016
DepEd Memorandum No. 99, s. 2016
2016 NATIONAL DISABILITY PREVENTION AND REHABILITATION WEEK
Bureau and Service Directors
Schools Division Superintendents
Public and Private Elementary and Secondary Schools Heads
1. The Department of Education (DepEd), through the Bureau of Learning Delivery -Student Inclusion Division (BLD-SID), will celebrate the 2016 National Disability Prevention Rehabilitation (NDPR) Week dubbed as 38th National Disability Prevention Rehabilitation Week from July 17 to 23, 2016 with the theme Karapatan ng Maykapansanan, Isakatuparan … Now Na!. The theme focuses on the realization of the fundamental freedom and rights of persons with disabilities as provided for in existing international mandates and national laws.
2. The NDPR Week, which started in 2000, culminates on the birthdate of Apolinario Mabini, the Sublime Paralytic on July 23 of every year.
3. The Celebration aims to stimulate public awareness on the issues and problems of disability. Hence, everyone is encouraged to take an active role in the upliftment of the economic and social conditions of persons with disabilities (PWDs) in the country.
4. As a member of the Governing Board created by the National Council on Disability Affairs (NCDA), the DepEd supports the observance of said Celebration by undertaking the following activities:
a. Hanging of advocacy streamers (Format is provided in Enclosure No. 1) in conspicuous places of schools/offices and wearing of prescribed T-shirts when attending to activities during the Celebration. The design may be downloaded from the NCDA Facebook Page: http://facebook.com/nationalcouncilondisabilityaffairs; and
b. Submission of Feedback Report using the template contained in Enclosure No. 2 upon culmination of the Celebration.
5. The schools can select appropriate school activities which can be conducted at the school and/or schools division levels. The SPED centers, public and private schools with SPED programs are encouraged to undertake activities relevant to the theme of this year’s Celebration. However, all activities to be undertaken should not disrupt classes nor compromise their supervision pursuant to DepEd Order No. 9, s. 2005 entitled Instituting Measures to Increase Engaged Time-on-Task and Ensuring Compliance Therewith.
6. Relative to the Celebration of the 2016 NDPR Week, all SPED centers and schools with SPED programs must accomplish the enclosed Agency Feedback Report contained in Enclosure No. 2 to be submitted to the BLD-SID, DepEd Central Office.
7. For more information, all concerned may visit the Bureau of Learning Delivery -Student Inclusion Division (BLD-SID), Department of Education (DepEd) Central Office, 4th Floor, Bonifacio Building, DepEd Complex, Meralco Avenue, Pasig City or contact through telephone nos. (02) 687-2948; (02) 631-9993; (02) 631-9398.
8. Immediate dissemination of this Memorandum is desired.
BR. ARMIN A. LUISTRO FSC
[scribd id=316457256 key=key-pE3gCbC2LcCA78vDRGph mode=scroll]