October 23, 2017
DepEd Memorandum No. 172, s. 2017
2017 NATIONAL MUSABAQAH SKILLS EXHIBITION
Bureau and Service Directors
Schools Division Superintendents
Public Elementary and Secondary School Heads
All Others Concerned
1. The Department of Education (DepEd), through the Bureau of Learning Delivery-Student Inclusion Division (BLD-SID), will conduct the 2017 National Musabaqah Skills Exhibition with the theme Respect for Equal Rights and Opportunities of Muslim Learners Towards Sustainable Peace from November 20 to 24, 2017 in Cebu City. The activity will be hosted by DepEd Region VII.
2. The 2017 National Musabaqah Skills Exhibition aims to provide the Arabic Language and Islamic Values Education (ALIVE) learners with opportunities to showcase their skills and talents through exhibitions of their performance.
3. The National Exhibition is composed of the following categories:
a. Harf Touch;
b. Arabic Language Spelling;
c. Islamic Values Education Quiz Bee;
d. Qur-an Memorization (Hifdhul Qur-an);
e. Qur-an Reading (Qiraatul Qur-an);
f. Call to Prayer (Adzan);
g. Choir (Islamic song);
h. Oration (Naseehah);
i. Logo Making; and
j. Regional Booth.
4. The guidelines and forms needed for the conduct of the Skills Exhibition are contained in the following enclosures:
Enclosure No. 1 – General Guidelines on the Conduct of the National Musabaqah Exhibition;
Enclosure No. 2 – Guidelines for the Ranking of the Over-all Winners;
Enclosure No. 3 – Specific Guidelines per category; and
Enclosure No. 4 – Entry Form.
5. The regional coordinators of the different skills exhibitions must submit the official list of their delegations on or November 6, 2017 to the BLD-SID, Department of Education Central Office, DepEd Complex, Meralco Avenue, Pasig City.
6. All expenses relative to the conduct of the activity including board and lodging, travel expenses, supplies and materials shall be charged to the project funds subject to the usual accounting and auditing rules and regulations.
7. Funds for the travel expenses of four participants per region shall be downloaded to the regional offices.
8. The head of the regional delegation is advised to coordinate closely to the host region for the details of arrival to and departure from the venue to ensure proper administration arrangements with the concerned committees.
9. For more information, contact Ms. Jenifer P. Capistrano Senior Education Program Specialist or Mr. Nhor Mohammad Sawato (MEO Specialist) of the Bureau of Learning Delivery-Student Inclusion Division (BLD-SID) Department of Education (DepEd) Central Office, DepEd Complex, Meralco Avenue, Pasig City at telephone no. (02) 631-9993.
10. Immediate dissemination of this Memorandum is desired.
LEONOR MAGTOLIS BRIONES
General Guidelines on the Conduct of the National Musabaqah
1. The Skills Exhibition is open to all learners attending ALIVE Classes in the Public Schools and ISAL in the Private Madaris/schools.
2. Participants should have registered and complied with the following requirements prior to the activity.
- Certification as Winner/Regional Memorandum
- Parent’s Consent
- NSO Birth Certificate
- Accomplished Entry Form
- Form 137
- Medical Certificate and School ID
3. Any participants who fails to comply with the requirements and the qualifications specific to each category shall be disqualified.
4. Filled out entry form should be submitted at least two weeks before the conduct of the activity.
5. The participants shall be given a control number to conceal the region they represent.
6. Winners in each category shall receive medals. All participants shall receive a certificate of participation.
7. Winning coaches shall receive a certificate of recognition while non-winning coaches will be given a certificate of participation.
8. The top 3 regions shall be awarded with a plaque of recognition.
9. nly official coaches can file an appeal to the Grievance Committee
10. The decision of the judges is final and irrevocable.
Guidelines on the Computation of Ranking and Placement of Over-All Winners
1. There will be 1st, 2nd and 3rd place to be awarded to overall winners.1. There will be 1st, 2nd and 3rd place to be awarded to overall winners.
2. Placement will be determined by ranking score. The total score will be ranked according to the place they fall within each individual category.
2.1 Ranking points are as follows;
For Individual Categories 1st place: 3 points
2nd place: 2 points
3rd place: 1 point
For Team Categories with 2 participants per region 1 st place: 6 points
2nd place: 4 points
3rd place: 2 points
For Regional Booth and Islamic Song 1st place: 18 points
2nd place: 12 points
3rd place: 6 points
Illustration below shows the ranking points per category
2.2 The top 3 Region with the highest number of points earned shall be declared First Place, Second Place and Third Place Winners respectively.
2.3 In case of tie in total points, then both will be awarded the placement.
2.4 Regional booth shall not be included in the ranking points for the selection of the winners.
Specific Guidelines per Category
A. Harf Touch
|Description||Harf Touch is a skills exhibition wherein blind-folded players touch the surface of the illustration board having an engraved Arabic letter being taught to the learner.|
|Objectives||This category aims to showcase learner’s skills on the following:|
1. Identify and recognize Arabic letters through touching with speed and accuracy within the allotted time;
2. Pronounce the letters correctly; and
3. Enhance familiarization of the Arabic letter through cognition and psychomotor.
|Materials||• Engraved Arabic Alphabet in A-4 size, landscape illustration board (white colored on top and mounted in black colored illustration board)|
Font type: Traditional Arabic
Font size: 720 except for letters kha (700) and ghayn (600).
Note: prepare the letters in power point prior to printing to produce the precise measurement
• Eye mask
• Table and chair where Arabic letters will be placed
• Lapel or microphone
• Stop watch
• Tally board and marker
• Tally sheets/pen/pencil
1.1 There shall be one (1) participant ages six to eight (6-8) years old from level I (male or female).
1.2 During the contest proper, the participants shall be seated at the designated holding area. They should not see the process undergone by the contestant on stage.
1.3 The participants take turns on stage to identify the letters engraved/cut on illustration board within one minute. The facilitator mixes the 28 letters as they take their turns.
1.4 There shall be one (1) timekeeper/buzzer, one (1) recorder/tabulator, one (1) tabulator and three (3) panel of judges.
1.5 Timekeeper will signal the start and the end of time allotted for each participants.
1.6 The recorder tallies the scores.
1.7 Panel of judges shall confirm the number of the correct responses.
1.8 The three participants with the highest number of correct answers in a shortest recorded time shall be declared as the winner. There will be first, second and third winners. In case of tie, another three (3) letters shall be added to twenty-eight (28) letters for the clincher round to be given by the board of judges to determine in the place/rank from which they tied.
2. Criteria for Judging
One point is given for every correct response.
|Description||Arabic Spelling Exhibition is one of the exciting features for the Muslim learner to showcase their listening and writing skills in Arabic Language by means of forming words from letters.|
|Objectives||This category aims to showcase learner’s skills on the following:|
1. Spell Arabic words quickly, accurately and with comprehension; and
2. Write the words correctly in its nuskhah and cursive form with complete vowels
|Materials||• 12x18 White Board|
• White Board Marker & Eraser
1.1 There shall be two (2) participants, ages nine to eleven (9-11) years old from levels II and III (male or female).
1.2 The spelling exhibition shall be categorized into three (3) rounds, namely easy, average and difficult
1.3 The medium of instruction to be used is Arabic language.
1.4 There shall be ten (10) words for each category. For EASY round (Noun with 3 syllables), AVERAGE round (Noun with 4 syllables) and DIFFICULT round (Noun with 5 syllables).
1.5 Each word shall be read twice, the participants shall write their answer in nuskhah and cursive form. In ten (10) seconds for easy round, fifteen (15) seconds for average and thirty (30) seconds for the difficult round on the whiteboard provided. The team participants shall immediately raise their whiteboard after the buzzer.
1.6 After each round is done, the scores will be totaled.
1.7 The three team participants with the highest points win. They will be declared first, second and third winners. In case of tie in any of the top of three ranks, clincher round shall be given by board of judges to determine in the place/rank from which they tied.
2. Criteria for Judging
1.1 Scoring shall be based on the following:
Easy – 1 point
Average – 2 points
Difficult – 3 points
C. Islamic Values Quiz
|Description||Islamic Values Quiz Bee shall test the learner’s knowledge and understanding on the cultures, traditions, practices and belief that promote peace by answering questions derived from Islamic Values Education subject.|
|Objectives||This category aims to showcase learner’s the skills on the following:|
1. mastery level of Muslim learners on the content of Islamic Values Education, and;
2. display the value of unity, and sportsmanship among Muslim learners.
|Materials||• Show-me whiteboard|
• Marker & Pen
1.1 There shall be three (3) participants ages 6-11 years old, should from levels I, II and III. (male or female)
1.2 The officials for this category are the quizmaster, proctors, timekeeper and recorder.
1.3 There shall be three (3) rounds of questions namely easy, average and difficult rounds. The easy round shall have ten (10) questions at one (1) point each. The average round shall have five (5) questions at two (2) points each. The difficult round shall have five (5) questions at three (3) points each.
1.4 Questions in the easy and average round should be in multiple choice in nature with 4 letter options. Difficult round question has no options, thus the team shall write the correct answer on the show-me board. Wrong spelling in both English and Arabic is wrong. If answers are written in Arabic, it must be in Nushka form with complete vowel.
1.5 The correct spelling of the transliterated words shall be based on how it was written in the ALIVE curriculum and textbooks.
The coverage of the questions in the Easy round is in level I textbook, Average round is in Level II textbook and the difficult and clincher round is in level III textbook
1.6 Each of the questions shall be read twice by the quizmaster. After the second reading, the quizmaster will say “Go”. The team then will write their answer in the whiteboard within ten (10) seconds for easy and average rounds and twenty (20) seconds for difficult round.
1.7 When the time is up, the timekeeper rings the bell/buzzer. The team then shall stop answering and show their answer to the proctor by raising their show-me board.
1.8 The proctor will read the answer of each team and record in the tally board and tally sheet.
1.9 After each round, points will be tabulated. The final scores will be tabulated after the difficult round.
1.10 The three team with the highest points win. They will be declared as first, second and third place winners respectively.
1.11 In case of tie, a clincher round shall be given. The first one to give the correct answer shall be the winner. If no team is able to give the correct answer, another clincher question shall be given until a winner comes up.
D. Qur’an Memorization (Hifdhul Qur’an)
|Description||The exhibition will showcase the memorization skills of the learners. It is composed of three rounds (easy, average & difficult). The chapters from the Holy Qur’an will be used as the material in the contest as it is the source of culture, tradition and practices which is acceptable to all Muslims.|
|Objectives||This exhibition category aims to showcase learner’s skills on the following:|
1. Identify the chapter (surah)
2. Complete the missing verse (ayah)
3. Recite the memorized chapter (surah) following the rules of tajweed and tawassut
|Materials||Verses from Holy Qur’an (Rasmul Uthmaniy)|
1.1 There shall be one (1) participant ages seven to nine (7-9) years old from level II (male or female).
1.2 The coverage of the exhibition includes Surah Al-Maun, Al-Quraysh, Al-Feel, Al-Humazah, AI-‘Asr, At-Takathur, Al-Qari’ah and AI-‘Adiyah. Each surah shall be drawn by the assigned committee.
1.3 The skills exhibition will consist of easy, average and difficult rounds.
1.3.1 For easy round, the judge will read the verse of the Holy Qur’an. The participant will identify the surah.
1.3.2 For the average round, the participant shall supply the missing phrase of the verse after being read by the judge.
1.3.3 For the difficult round, the participant will pick the surah and deliver the verse.
1.4 The three participants with the highest scores shall be declared first place, second place and third place.
1.5 In case of tie in any of the top of three ranks, clincher surah shall be given by board of judges to determine the winner in the place/rank from which they tied.
2. Criteria for Judging
|Partially correct, incomplete response||15|
|Mostly memorized, occasional pause to recall||15-25|
|Partially memorized, frequent pauses to recall||6-14|
|Partially memorized & prompting often to recall||1-5|
|Mastery||Limited 5-11 pts.||Some fluency 12-18 pts.||Good, Shows enthusiasm 19-20 pts.||Well-|
|Pronunciation||Unclear 2-3 pts.||Partly clear 4-6 pts.||Mostly clear 7-10 pts.||Very clear 10 pts.|
|Voice Clarity||Unclear 2-3 pts.||Party clear 4-6 pts.||Mostly clear 7-8 pts.||Very clear 10 pts.|
|Stage Presence||Poor 0-1 pts.||Fair 2-3 pts.||Good 4-5 pts.||Excellent 5 pts.|
[scribd id=362475377 key=key-7SwbXhTzhSUEt50RY1tZ mode=scroll]