April 18, 2018
DepEd Memorandum No. 73, s. 2018
2018 NATIONAL LITERATURE MONTH
Bureau and Service Directors
Schools Division Superintendents
Public and Private Elementary and Secondary School Heads
All Others Concerned
1. The National Commission for Culture and the Arts (NCCA) will organize the celebration of the National Literature Month (NLM) 2018 with the theme Alab Panitikan: Pingkian in April 2018.
2. The celebration aims to:
a. encourage development of new literary form, ideas, and expressions through the conduct of fora/seminars;
b. discover new literary artists through the conduct of workshops and performances where they can express and exhibit their works and talents; and
c. serve as a venue where indigenous/community knowledge, as well as traditions and history, will be the framework of various literary expressions and community activities.
3. Learners and teachers from both public and private elementary and secondary schools, especially those from the Special Program for the Arts, are encouraged to participate in the NLM 2018 activities.
4. The streamer template, calendar of activities, and other details are available through the NCCA website and social media accounts: http://ncca.gov.ph/, http://www.facebook.com/NCCAOfficial/, https://www.instagram.com/ncca/, and https: / / twitter. com / NCC AOfficial /.
5. For more information, contact Ms. Vanessa M. Marquez-Nicolas, NLM 2018 Program Coordinator, National Commission for Culture and the Arts, 633 General Luna Street, Intramuros, Manila at telephone no. (02) 527-2192 loc. 302 or email at email@example.com.
6. Immediate dissemination of this Memorandum is desired.
LEONOR MAGTOLIS BRIONES