2018 National Music Competitions for Young Artists
May 10, 2018
DepEd Memorandum No. 083, s. 2018
2018 NATIONAL MUSIC COMPETITIONS FOR YOUNG ARTISTS
Schools Division Superintendents
Regional and Division Special Events Coordinators
Public and Private Elementary and Secondary School Heads
All Others Concerned
1. The National Music Competitions for Young Artists (NAMCYA) Foundation Inc., in cooperation with the Department of Education (DepEd), National Commission for Culture and the Arts (NCCA), Cultural Center of the Philippines (CCP), and the Commission on Higher Education (CHED), announces the Launching of the 2018 National Music Competitions for Young Artists (NAMCYA), which culminates during the National Music Week with the theme Taginting: 45 Years of Musical Excellence from November 20 to 25, 2018 at the CCP Complex, Roxas Boulevard, Pasay City. This is pursuant to Administrative Order No. 23, s. 2011 entitled Creating a Steering Committee on National Observances.
2. Per Presidential Proclamation No. 25, s. 1998, the last week of November of each year is designated as the National Music Week in which the NAMCYA Competitions are the main focus of the celebration.
3. The Mechanics and Competition Rules and the List of Special Programs of the Arts (SPA) are enclosed.
4. The regional directors (RDs), assisted by their regional and schools division supervisors as coordinators, are designated as heads of the NAMCYA Regional Committees to oversee the identification, selection and training of participants in their respective areas. The NAMCYA Secretariat shall undertake national coordination.
5. The concerned regional coordinators for Culture and the Arts in the Regional Center Competitions are requested to identify and select not more than 60 students from the SPA schools or nearby public secondary schools offering Music Education Program to attend the competition in the morning and to participate in the various workshops in the afternoon of the same day. Teachers in Music, MAPEH supervisors, Performing Arts, and Social Sciences subjects are expected to attend the Regional and National Final Competitions and the Workshop on Traditional Philippine Music.
6. The amount of Seventy Thousand Pesos (P 70,000.00) for meals and Ten Thousand Pesos (P 10,000.00) for contingency provided by the External Partnerships Service-Special Events Unit (EPS-SEU) will be downloaded to the region/schools division or in the venue of the regional/semi-final competitions.
7. The travel allowances and per diem of the DepEd National Secretariat members during the Regional and National Competitions shall be charged to the Building Partnerships 8s Linkages Program (BPLP)-Current Fund, subject to its availability, and to the usual accounting and auditing rules and regulations.
8. The DepEd Secretary will serve as ex-officio member of the NAMCYA Board of Trustees, while the EPS-SEU will serve as the DepEd National Secretariat/Coordinator. The RDs shall attend, monitor and oversee both the Regional and National Final Competitions.
9. Expenses to be incurred by the NAMCYA regional coordinators, supervisors, teachers and participants in the Elimination, Semi-final, regional coordinators meeting on May 18, 2018, and the National Final Competitions shall be charged to local funds, regional/schools division/ school Parent-Teacher-Community Association (PTCA), school board funds (SBF) and other sources and grants, subject to the availability of funds and the usual accounting and auditing rules and regulations.
10. The Regional Special Events Coordinators (RSEC) will consolidate the Division reports/documentations of their participation and will send it to:
TONISITO M.C. UMALI, Esq.
Legislative Affairs/External Partnerships/School Sports
ROMEO B. PARAYNO
Unit-Head, EPS-Special Events Unit
Department of Education (DepEd) Central Office
M-125 Mabini Bldg., DepEd Complex Meralco Avenue Pasig City, 1600
Telephone Nos.: (02) 637 5832/(02) 637 5834
Mobile Phone No.: 09224636626
Email Address: [email protected]
11. For more information, all concerned may contact the NAMCYA Secretariat, Folk Arts Theater, CCP Complex, Roxas Boulevard, Pasay City at telephone nos. (02) 836-4928; (02) 836-4929, mobile phone no. 0949-993-2592 or through email address: [email protected] or visit website address: http://www.namcya.com.
12. Immediate dissemination of this Memorandum is desired.
LEONOR MAGTOLIS BRIONES
(Enclosure to DepEd Memorandum No. 083, s. 2018)
Enclosure No. 1
2018 NATIONAL MUSIC COMPETITIONS FOR YOUNG ARTISTS (NAMCYA)
Mechanics and Competitions Rules
1. The solo instrument and group competitions for this year are as follows:
|YOUTH CHOIR CATEGORY (Equal and Mixed Voices)||At least 12 years old by August 3, 2018 but not more than 18 years old by November 23, 2018|
|CHILDREN'S RONDALLA ENSEMBLE CATEGORY||Not more than 12 years old by November 22, 2018|
|TRADITIONAL MUSIC||At least one lead performer should be not more than 18 years old on November 23, 2018|
|YOUTH SOLO RONDALLA INSTRUMENT CATEGORY||At least 13 years old by August 3, 2018 but not more than 18 years old on November 22, 2018|
|JUNIOR STRINGS CATEGORY||Not more than 18 years old on November 21, 2018|
|JUNIOR PIANO CATEGORY||Not more than 19 years old on November 20, 2018|
|JUNIOR VOICE CATEGORY||Not more than 19 years old on November 21, 2018|
|GUITAR CATEGORY||Not more than 30 years old on November 20, 2018|
2. The competitions will have four phases:
a. First Phase: Information dissemination and distribution of the Competition Guidelines in hard copy, CD and electronic formats, and identification and training of qualified contestants. Online applications must be sent to NAMCYA Secretariat office and must be received on or before 7:00 pm July 27, 2018.
b. Second Phase: Elimination Round – All Categories will have the Elimination Round via video screening on August 2018.
c. Third Phase: Semifinal Round – For Group categories (Choir and Rondalla) and Solo Rondalla Instrument category, Semifinals will be held on September 2018 at the selected venues in the following regional clusters in Luzon, Visayas, Mindanao, and Metro Manila:
SEMIFINAL ROUND FOR CHOIR AND RONDALLA (venues and schedule subject to change):
|Mindanao Cluster: Davao City||September 1, 2018|
|Visayas Cluster: Bohol||September 8, 2018|
|Luzon Cluster: llocos Norte||September 15, 2018|
|Metro Manila Cluster (NCR and nearby areas): Metro Manila||September 22, 2018|
SEMIFINAL ROUND FOR PIANO, STRINGS, GUITAR, VOICE (schedule subject to change):
|Junior Piano||November 14, 2018|
|Guitar||November 15, 2018|
|Junior Strings||November 16, 2018|
|Junior Voice||November 17, 2018|
The video screening for Traditional Music Ensemble will be held in August 2018. Six groups will be chosen to present at the National Finals Week at the Cultural Center of the Philippines on November.
Various Workshops and Clinics will also be offered for participants, trainers, teachers and other interested parties. Venues for the Semifinals and Workshops will be announced at a later date.
d. Fourth Phase: National Final Competitions will be held at the CCP during the National Music Week from November 20 to 25, 2018, wherein the Regional Center Winners/Finalists will compete for the top prizes. Schedule of activities is listed below.
|Opening Ceremonies, Piano, and Guitar Finals||November 20, 2018|
|Strings and Voice Finals||November 21, 2018|
|Solo Rondalla Instrument, Rondalla Instrument Finals||November 22, 2018|
|Youth Choir Finals||November 23, 2018|
|Traditional Music Concert, Concert of Solo Winners||November 24, 2018|
|Concert of Group Winners, Closing Ceremonies||November 25, 2018|
Enclosure No. 2