May 10, 2018
DepEd Order No. 23, s. 2018
Implementation of the Flexible Working Hours for the Non-Teaching Personnel
Bureau and Service Directors
Schools Division Superintendents
Public Elementary and Secondary School Heads
All Others Concerned
1. The Department of Education (DepEd) adopts flexible working hours for non- teaching personnel pursuant to Section 6, Rule XVII of the Omnibus Rules Implementing Book V of the Administrative Code of 1987 and Memorandum Circular No. 14, s. 1989 of the Civil Service Commission, and consistent with the administration’s agenda to expand the scope of employee welfare to respond to felt and reasonable needs of our personnel.
2. All DepEd officials and employees shall render not less than eight (8) hours of work a day for five (5) days for a total of forty (40) hours a week, exclusive of time for lunch. This shall not be reduced by the adoption of flexible working hours.
3. Flexible working hours shall apply to all non-teaching personnel in the Central, Regional, and Schools Division Offices.
4. Flexible working hours starts from 7:00 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. and ends from 4:00 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
5. An employee reporting for work at anytime between 7:00 a.m. to 9:30 a.m., must complete the required eight (8) hours of work per day. An employee who reports after 9:30 a.m. shall be considered tardy. An employee shall be considered on undertime if he/she arrives between 7:00 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. but fails to complete 8 hours of work. Existing Civil Service policies on tardiness and undertime shall apply.
6. Despite the adoption of flexible working hours, heads of offices shall ensure the continuous delivery of service in their respective offices during the core working hours of 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Heads of offices which render frontline services shall ensure that all clients who are within their premises prior to the end of official working hours are attended to and served even during lunch break and after regular working hours, pursuant to the provisions of Republic Act No. 9485, or the Anti-Red Tape Act of 2007, and its implementing rules and regulations.
7. Attendance of employees in the flag raising ceremony every Monday is strictly enjoined pursuant to the provisions of Republic Act No. 8491, or the Flag and Heraldic Code of the Philippines.
8. This Order shall take effect immediately.
9. All other issuances, rules and regulations, and provsions that are inconsistent with these guidelines are hereby repealed or modified accordingly.
10. Immediate dissemination of and strict compliance with this Order is directed.
LEONOR MAGTOLIS BRIONES