Enclosed is a copy of the Memorandum and guidelines in preparation for the 2nd Quarter National Simultaneous Earthquake Drill.
May 24, 2016
DepEd ARMM Secretary
DepEd Regional Directors
DepEd School Division Superintendents
Reynaldo D. Laguda
Undersecretary for Finance and Administration
2nd Quarter National Simultaneous Earthquake Drill
The National Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council (NDRRMC) through the Office of Civil Defense (OCD) in collaboration with the Metro Manila Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council (MMDRRMC), will spearhead the conduct of the National Simultaneous Earthquake Drill (NSED) and Metrowide Shake Drill on 22 June 2016, 9:00 AM at Grand Head Quarters, Camp Emilio Aguinaldo, Quezon City. The drill will test the contingency plans of government agencies for earthquake with the impact of a 7.2 magnitude in the National Capital Region (NCR). With this, all elementary and secondary schools, both public and private, including DepEd Offices are directed to conduct Earthquake Drills simultaneously.
Herewith is the list of things to do in preparation for the earthquake drill;
- Connect with Local Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council (LDRRMC) for an orientation on earthquake to understand intensity and possible impacts. Discuss preparedness measures.
- Map out personnel/learners and contact numbers.
- Determine communication flow among offices/schools and overall command system.
- Determine personnel/learners with special needs in case of an earthquake; assign focal persons within the particular office/classroom to take charge of those personnel/learner with special needs.
- Put up signages for evacuation routes and safe places to gather and/ or evacuate to.
- Ensure that everyone knows what to do during and after an earthquake.
- Conduct post evaluation of the drill.
Reports of the Drill conducted will be submitted by respective schools to the Division DRRM for consolidation. All consolidated reports will te submitted to the Region DRRMC copy furnished Disaster Risk Reduction Management Service through email address, [email protected]
For your strict compliance.