The Department of Education (DepEd) releases the DepEd Memorandum entitled Advisory on the Extension of DepEd Memorandum No. 054, s. 2020 (Reiteration of Advisory on Work Arrangements in the Department of Education In light of Recent Developments in the COVID-19 Situation). For your information and guidance.
ADVISORY ON THE EXTENSION OF DEPED MEMORANDUM NO. 054, S. 2020 (Reiteration of Advisory on Work Arrangements in the Department of Education In light of Recent Developments in the COVID-19 Situation)
June 06, 2020
DepEd Memorandum No. 56, s. 2020
Minister. Basic. Higher and Technical Education, BARMM
Bureau and Service Directors
Schools Division Superintendents
Public Elementary and Secondary School Heads
All Others Concerned
- The Office of the Secretary circulated to the Department of Education (DepEd) Executive Committee (ExeCom) and Management Committee (ManCom) an advance copy of a DepEd issuance on Alternative Work Arrangements before release. However, there was an objection to certain provisions of the final issuance from the originating Execom member.
- I am giving due course to the objection and remanded the unreleased issuance to the originating office for resubmission.
- In the meantime, DepEd Memorandum No. 054, s. 2020 continues to be in effect until a superseding issuance is promulgated.
- The status quo on work arrangements for officials and nonteaching personnel in all DepEd offices, units, and schools is extended anew and teachers in DepEd schools nationwide shall work from home until the issuance of the new guidelines, except for those specifically authorized by the Regional Directors to form part of the skeleton workforce who will render work in school, subject to observance of COVID-19 health and safety precautions.
- Immediate dissemination of this Memorandum is desired.
LEONOR MAGTOLIS BRIONES