August 24, 2011
DepEd Order No. 66, s. 2011
Guidelines on the Supply, Allocation, Delivery, and Distribution of Centrally Procured Instructional Materials for the Special Education (SPED) Program at the Basic Education Level
Schools Division/City Superintendents
Heads, Public Elementary and Secondary Schools
All Others Concerned
1. The Department of Education (DepEd) through the Instructional Materials Council Secretariat (IMCS), in collaboration with the Bureau of Elementary Education (BEE), Bureau of Secondary Education (BSE), and the Bureau of Alternative Learning System (BALS), shall provide instructional materials to Special Education (SPED) centers for children with special needs (i.e., the gifted/talented, intellectually deficient, visually impaired, hearing impaired, orthopedically handicapped, and children with speech defect, autism, health problems, and behavior problems).
2. The DepEd-Central Office (DepEd-CO) shall allocate the amount of One Hundred Million Pesos (PhP100,000,000.00) for the procurement of the following instructional materials (IMs) addressing the educational requirements of children with special needs:
a. DepEd-developed by the BEE, BSE, BALS, regional and division offices, and the schools;
b. IMs commissioned by DepEd, developed, tried, and tested through foreign-assisted projects; and
c. IMs developed by other government or nongovernment offices.
3. The following are the guidelines on the supply, allocation, delivery, and distribution of centrally procured materials:
a. Sixty percent (60%) of the budget shall be allotted for the procurement of instructional materials for elementary school recipients, thirty percent (30%) will be allotted for secondary school recipients, and ten percent (10%) for learners under the Alternative Learning System (ALS);
b. The list of the titles to be procured shall be based on the results of content review managed by the Instructional Materials Council Secretariat (IMCS) pursuant to DepEd Order No. 25, s. 2010. Only the titles in camera-ready copies both in printed and digital formats will be considered for procurement to be managed by the Procurement Service (PS);
c. The recipient SPED centers shall be identified by the Bureaus. The allocation for SPED schools shall be based on the enrollment as reported in the Unified Information System (UIS) managed by the Office of the Planning Service-Research and Statistics Division (OPS- RSD) of the Central Office;
d. The printed instructional materials shall be delivered directly to the division offices (DOs) which shall manage the distribution to the recipient schools. The distribution activities by the division offices must be accomplished not later than one (1) month after receipt of the materials. The expenses relative to the said distribution shall be charged to local funds or from other sources subject to the usual accounting and auditing rules and regulations.
e. The DOs shall submit a report not later than two (2) months upon completion of the distribution to the recipient schools addressed to: The Executive Director, IMCS, 5/F Mabini Bldg., DepEd Complex, Meralco Avenue, Pasig City through telefax nos.: (02) 634-0901 or (02) 631-3690, Attn.: Ms. Carolina T. Rivera, Project Development Officer V, Procurement Monitoring Division, or send through e-mail addresses: [email protected]; [email protected]
4. The DOs which do not comply with this requirement shall not be included future allocations.
5. Immediate dissemination of and compliance with this Order is directed.
BR. ARMIN A. LUISTRO FSC
- DepEd Guidelines on Resolving Losses of Textbooks
- DepEd Guidelines on the Proper Distribution and Disposal of Textbooks
- Guidelines on the Grant of Vacation Service Credits to Teachers Designated as District/School Property Custodians
- Policies and Guidelines on the Allocation of Reading Materials for Kindergarten Schools
- Adoption of the Modified School Forms (SFs) for Public Elementary and Secondary Schools