October 18, 2017
DepEd Memorandum No. 161, s. 2017
DEACTIVATION OF THE DEPED REGIONAL OFFICE FOR NEGROS ISLAND REGION
Directors of Services, Centers and Heads of Units
All Others Concerned
1. The Department of Education (DepEd) issued the enclosed Unnumbered Memorandum entitled Deactivation of the DepED Regional Office for Negros Island Region (NIR) for the information and guidance of all concerned in compliance with Executive Order (EO) No. 38 signed by the President on August 7, 2017, revoking EO 183 (2015).
2. As stated, the Officer-in-Charge of DepEd NIR, as well as the other regular DepEd employees assigned/detailed, are advised to report back to their original station or schools division/regional office, not later than 60 days from the effectivity of EO No. 38.
3. All financial/administrative transactions and curriculum supervision being undertaken by the said DepEd region shall also be reverted to the mother regions, DepEd Regions VI and VII, also not later than 60 days from the effectivity of EO No. 38 (2017).
4. Further the following 17 schools divisions shall be reverted to their respective mother regions:
- Bacolod City
- Bago City
- Cadiz City
- Escalante City
- Kabankalan City
- La Carlota City
- Negros Occidental
- Sagay City
- San Carlos City
- Silay City
- Himamaylan City (new)
- Bais City
- Bayawan City
- Dumaguete City
- Guihulngan City
- Negros Oriental
- Tanjay City
5. All DepEd issuances, not otherwise inconsistent with this Memorandum, shall remain in full force and effect.
6. This Memorandum shall take effect immediately.
7. Immediate dissemination of and strict compliance with this Memorandum is directed.
LEONOR MAGTOLIS BRIONES