2018 National Festival of Talents
October 18, 2017
DepEd Memorandum No. 160, s. 2017
2018 NATIONAL FESTIVAL OF TALENTS
Bureau and Service Directors
Schools Division Superintendents
Public Elementary and Secondary School Heads
All Others Concerned
1. The Department of Education (DepEd), through the Bureau of Learning Delivery-Student Inclusion Division (BLD-SID), will hold the 2018 National Festival of Talents (NFOT) with the theme Pagkilala sa Kulturang Filipino Tungo sa Kapayapaan, Pagkakaisa at Pagbabago from February 19 to 23, 2018 to be hosted by DepEd Region VII in Dumaguete City. The official logo for the NFOT is found in Enclosure No. 1.
2. The 2018 NFOT aims to provide opportunity for learners from public and private secondary schools as well as learners from the Alternative Learning System (ALS) to showcase their talents and skills through exhibitions of their products, services and performances, and to provide opportunity for teachers and learners to explore the culture of the host region.
3. The 2018 NFOT shall showcase talents and skills in the following areas:
a. Technolympics for Technology and Livelihood Education and Technical-Vocational-Livelihood;
b. Sining Tanghalan for Music and Arts;
c. National Population Development for Social Studies (Araling Panlipunan)
d. Pambansang Tagisan ng Talento for Filipino; and
e. Special Program in Foreign Language (SPFL).
4. The number of official delegation per region is indicated in Enclosure No. 2 entitled General Guidelines on the Conduct of the 2018 NFOT.
5. The specific guidelines for each exhibition are contained in the following enclosures:
Enclosure No. 3 – Specific Guidelines for 2018 Technolympics;
Enclosure No. 4 – Specific Guidelines for 2018 Sining Tanghalan;
Enclosure No. 5 – Specific Guidelines for 2018 Pambansang Tagisan ng Talento;
Enclosure No. 6 – Specific Guidelines for 2018 SPFL; and
Enclosure No. 7 – Specific Guidelines for 2018 Population Development.
6. Each participant in the official list of delegation from both public and private schools including those from the learning centers shall pay a registration fee of Three Thousand Five Hundred Pesos (P3,500.00) charged to the school’s Maintenance and Other Operating Expenses, local or regional funds, or other sources of funds, including the participants travel expenses, subject to the usual accounting and auditing rules and regulations.
7. The registration fee shall cover the cost of billeting schools, kits, including identification tags, t-shirts and bags, contest materials, rentals of equipment or facilities and vehicle, and other related expenses to be incurred in the conduct of NFOT. Advance payment in checks shall be addressed to the host region, while onsite registration shall be paid in cash. The host region will serve lunch on February 19, 2018 as the first meal, while the last meal will be snacks on February 23, 2018.
8. The head of the regional delegation is advised to coordinate closely with and to provide the host region the details of arrival in and departure from the venue to ensure proper administrative arrangements with the appropriate concerned committees.
9. For more information, contact either Dr. Jose D. Taguinayo Jr., Chief Education Program Specialist or Ms. Marites P. Romen, Supervising Education Program Specialist, Bureau of Learning Delivery-Student Inclusion Division (BLD-SID), Department of Education (DepEd) Central Office, Bonifacio Building, DepEd Complex, Meralco Avenue, Pasig City at telephone no. (02) 631-9993.
10. Immediate dissemination of this Memorandum is desired.
LEONOR MAGTOLIS BRIONES
[scribd id=362096636 key=key-wfWJgLBRdXZurNQPxdXS mode=scroll]