DepEd Guidelines in the Maintenance and Use of Office Vehicle
To serve as guide in the use of office vehicles, the following shall be observed:
- The office vehicles are for official use only and only for activities related to or in the performance of duty including those sanctioned by the Office of the Regional Director.
- The use of the vehicle to long distance travel such as more than three-hours drive is discouraged except when there is a Regional activity and its use is necessary due to volume of materials to be transported or the venue is not readily accessible by public transport, and such other analogous circumstances.
- Those who avail of the office vehicle are not entitled to reimbursement of transportation expense regardless of the distance and purpose of travel.
- In case of simultaneous activities, priority for the use of the vehicle shall be determined by the Administrative Division. When circumstances demand, priority is given to those who are not entitled of transportation allowance provided that the travel is related to the performance of duty.
- To reserve for the use of the vehicle, the Vehicle Request Form shall be filled up and submitted to the Asset Management Section. It shall be on “first come -first serve” basis. In reserving the vehicle, the specific time for its use must be provided, in case of simultaneous activities within the same day, priority shall be given to the request of those who are not entitled of travel allowance.
- The maintenance and schedule for the use of the vehicle is the responsibility of the General Services Unit (GSU) and the Asset Management Section (ASM).
- If there are simultaneous activities and whenever and possible and necessary, the drivers may not wait for the transported passenger/s until the end of the activity to be able to transport other passenger/s who reserved.
- The drivers are entitled of overtime pay subject to existing rules on payment of overtime pay.
To maintain the vehicles, the following shall be observed:
A. Drivers’ Responsibilities:
- Before leaving the garage, check the oil, battery, water, and lubricants daily.
- Clean the exterior and interior part of the vehicle being driven at least twice a week that is – every Monday and Thursday, before leaving the premises.
- Ensure tire pressure of the vehicles once a week.
- Check the underchasis every six (6 ) months.
- For change oil/maintenance, report to the Asset Management Section or GSU every 5,000 kilometer mileage of the vehicle.
- Accomplish Trip Ticket regularly.
B. The Asset Management Section Head and General Services Unit shall:
- Oversee and monitor the strict adherence and compliance by the Drivers.
- Facilitate yearly renewal of vehicle’s insurance before its expiry.
- Purchase toll fee RFID.
- Cause payment of oil expense.
- Issue Trip Ticket to the Drivers.
C. In case of accident, the following shall be applied:
- If the other vehicle is found to be at fault, the owner of the vehicle shall shoulder the cost of repairs either by directly paying the work to the shop chosen by DepEd-NCR or through the said party’s insurance. For this purpose, the head of the Asset Management Section shall assert this at once.
- For “own damage,” claim may be filed with the insurance of the office vehicle.
- If the office driver is at fault as determined by proper authorities and the cost of repair for the other vehicle cannot be charged against the insurance of the office vehicle, the office driver shall assume responsibility for the cost.
- The Asset Management Section Head shall promptly file claims on insurance when applicable upon availability of necessary documents.
For information and strict compliance.