Department of Education
National Capital Region
DIVISION OF CITY SCHOOLS
V. Gomez St., San Roque, Marikina City
Telefax: 646-05-44 / 646-86-42
March 14, 2016
DIVISION MEMORANDUM No. 99, s. 2016
Table of Contents
GUIDELINES FOR THE GRADUATION PROGRAM AND CHANGES IN THE SCHEDULE OF GRADUATION FOR THE ELEMENTARY LEVEL
Chief Education Supervisors, CID and SGOD
Elementary and Secondary School Principals
1. In order to bring about orderly, systematic and smooth conduct of the graduation exercises, it is desired that all concerned will give preferential attention to the following:
a. Inclosure No. 2 – Guidelines for the Graduation Program in the Elementary Level
b. Inclosure No. 3 – List of School Officials to be Included in the Graduation Program for Elementary Level
c. Inclosure No. 4 – Criteria for the Evaluation of Graduation Exercises for Elementary Schools
2. Likewise, the field is hereby informed of the changes in the schedule of Graduation of Elementary Schools, (see Inclosure No. 1)
3. Immediate and wide dissemination of this Memorandum is desired.
HELEN GRACE V. GO
Schools Division Superintendent
Enclosure No. 1 to the Division Memorandum No. s. 2016
CHANGES IN THE SCHEDULE OF GRADUATION OF ELEMENTARY SCHOOLS
|March 31, 2016 |
|April 1, 2016 |
|Concepcion Integrated School|
|April 1, 2016 |
|April 1, 2016 |
|Nangka Elementary School|
|April 1, 2016 |
|April 1, 2016 |
|Kapitan Moy Elementary School|
Enclosure No. 2 to Division Memorandum No. 99. s. 2016
PARTS OF THE PROGRAM AND GUIDELINES ON THE CONDUCT OF COMMENCEMENT EXERCISES IN THE ELEMENTARY LEVEL
1. FORMAT OF THE PROGRAM
PART I / UNANG BAHAGI
Processional / Ang pagpasok ng mga Magsisipagtapos, mga guro, mga magulang, punong guro, pinuno ng paaralan at mga panauhin.
PART II / PANGALAWANG BAHAGI
1. Entrace of Colors / Ang pagpasok ng mga Kulay
2. Singing of the Philippine National Anthem / Pag-awit ng “Lupang Hinirang”
3. Prayer Song / Doksolohiya
4. Singing of Marikina Hymn / Pag awit ng “Marikina Hymn”
5. Presentation of the Graduating Class / Pagpapakilala sa mga Magsisipagtapos (Punong Guro)
6. Certification / Pagpapatunay ng Pagtatapos
7. Confirmation / Pagpapatibay
8. Awarding of Certificates / Pag-aabot ng Katibayan (Pansangay na Tagapamanihala)
9. Message to the Graduates / Mensahe sa mga Nagsipagtapos
10. Presentation of Awards, Medals, Prizes / Pagkakaloob ng Gantimpala / Medalya
(Mga termino na gagamitin sa mga bibigyan ng Karangalan)
Unang Karangalan – Valedictorian
Pangalawang Karangalan – Salutatorian
Unang Karangalang Banggit – Second Honorable Mention
Pangatlong Karangalang Banggit – Third Honorable Mention
11. Pledge of Loyalty of the Graduating Class / Panunumpa ng Katapatan ng mga Nagsipagtapos (Pangungunahan ng Valedictorian/First Honors)
12. Graduation Song / Awit ng mga Nagsipagtapos
13. Singing of NCR Hymn / Pag-awit ng NCR Hymn
14. Singing of DepEd Marikina Hymn / Pag-awit ng DepEd Marikina Hymn
15. Exit of Colors / Ang Paglabas ng Kulay
PART III / PANGATLONG BAHAGI
Recessional / Ang Paglabas ng mga panauhin, pinuno ng paaralan, punong guro, magulang at nagsipagtapos.
2. To ensure a smooth and systematic conduct of Graduation program, the following guidelines are hereby issued for the guidance and information of all concerned.
a. The program shall be brief and simple, observing economy and austerity. Graduates are encouraged to wear their school uniform. Wearing of toga may be allowed, provided no additional burden is required of parents.
b. Wearing of corsage, leis and garlands for graduates and guests is discouraged.
c. Teachers and school officials are to wear attire/uniform to distinguish them from parents and guests.
d. Stage decoration should be characterized by simplicity, propriety and good taste.
e. Graduation program should start on the scheduled time.
f. Graduation programs are to be held within the school grounds. (Notify Division Office if otherwise)
g. Contingency plans in cases of inclement weather and brownouts should be provided.
h. A good sound system should be availed of and appropriate lighting shall be provided where the program will extend up to late afternoon or evening. Real diploma should be distributed during the Graduation Rites.
i. The distribution of certificates shall start with the lowest section of the graduating class. Section 1 will be the last group to receive their certificates. Only DepEd Officials are responsible in the distribution of certificates on stage.
j. Only medals, awards and prizes for the honors of the graduating class shall be awarded during the graduating program including those from NGO’s. Those for other year/grade levels shall be awarded during the appropriate Recognition Day Program in the School.
k. The school principal shall officially acknowledge the presence of visitors, guests, city officials, PTA and Barangay Officials before the graduating class is presented.
l. The respective class advisers shall call out the names of the graduating students/pupils as they go up the stage to receive their certificates, first name first. For example: Jose Bautista. It is suggested that music be played during the distribution of certificates/diplomas (instrumental only).
m. A rehearsal of the graduation program, particularly the processional and the recessional in the order of going up the stage and how to receive the certificates shall be held five days before the graduation.
n. Correct singing of the Philippine National Anthem, the Marikina Hymn, the DepEd Marikina Hymn, the Graduation Song and the recitation of the Class Pledge can be achieved only through sufficient practice and rehearsals.
o. It is expected that the graduation program will be undertaken without flaws because this is an occasion for the public to see how well the school plans, manages, supervises and carries out this kind of special activity.
3. The printed or mimeographed graduation program shall include the messages of the Schools Division Superintendent, the Congressman, the City mayor; a list of City Officials, Department of Education and Schools Division Office Officials and Officers of the General PTA; the list of the graduating students; the list of students with honors and the graduation program itself. An appropriate cover must be provided indicating the following:
Republika ng Pilipinas
Kagawaran ng Edukasyon
Pambansang Punong Rehiyon
Pandibisyong Tanggapan ng mga Paaralan
Lungsod ng Marikina
___ Distrito ng Marikina
Paaralang Elementarya ng ____
Theme: “Kabataang Mula sa K to 12, Tagapagdala ng Kaunlaran sa Bansang Pilipinas”
Graduation program must be checked by the Supervisor-In-Charge before the final printing.
4. No non-academic project shall be imposed as a requirement for graduation.
5. Public school heads, teachers and other DepEd personnel are not allowed to collect any graduation fees.
6. PTA/PTCAs may give donations in cash or in kind. Teachers and principals should not be involved in the collection of these contributions. PTA/PTCA members should be informed about the use of any contribution of graduation.
7. The graduation rites should be conducted in an appropriate solemn ceremony befitting the graduating students and their parents and shall not in anyway be used as a venue for political forum.
8. All DepEd Officials are enjoined to wear Smart Casual for graduation attire.
Enclosure No. 3 to Division Memorandum No. 99, s. 2016
TALAAN NG MGA PAMUNUAN PAMPAARALAN NA ILALAKIP SA PROGRAMA SA PAGTATAPOS SA ELEMENTARYA
[scribd id=304907095 key=key-hsHq3eOHBXrwQgqAG5kZ mode=scroll]