March 15, 2016
DepEd Memorandum No. 43, s. 2016
REGIONAL ORIENTATIONS ON THE SENIOR HIGH SCHOOL (SHS) VOUCHER PROGRAM AND THE EDUCATION SERVICE CONTRACTING (ESC) PROGRAM FOR SCHOOL YEAR 2016-2017
Schools Division Superintendents
All Others Concerned
1. In preparation for the implementation of the Senior High School (SHS) Voucher Program and the Education Service Contracting (ESC) Program for Junior High School this coming School Year 2016-2017, the Department of Education (DepEd), through the Private Education Assistance Committee (PEAC) National Secretariat, will hold a series of Regional Orientations for ESC participating schools and non-DepEd SHS from April to May 2016.
2. The first day of the Orientation will be dedicated to the SHS Voucher Program where schools will be apprised of the detailed guidelines and requirements as well as the functionalities of Voucher Management System (VMS). The VMS will be the platform for the submission reports to the DepEd and PEAC and for the creation of billing statements for voucher enrolees. The second day will focus on the ESC program where schools will be updated on the latest program guidelines and on the ESC Information Management System (IMS). Schedule of the Orientations per region is contained in the enclosure.
3. The target participants are school heads, program coordinators for ESC and/or SHS, and school IT personnel who will be given access to the ESC IMS and/or the SHS VMS.
4. The regional chief of the Quality Assurance and Accountability Division and two representatives from the schools division, preferably Senior High School coordinators, are required to participate in the Orientation in order to provide support in the implementation of these programs. A team from the DepEd Central Office handling the ESC and SHS programs shall also participate in this activity to respond to or take note of issues with regard to the implementation of these programs.
5. Travel and other expenses of DepEd participants shall be charged to local funds, subject to its availability and the usual accounting and auditing rules and regulations.
6. Participants shall register online through the PEAC website at www.fape.org.ph. Online registration is until March 31, 2016. For inquiries, all concerned may contact the PEAC National Secretariat at telephone no. (02) 845-01869 or their PEAC Regional Secretariats.
7. Immediate dissemination of this Memorandum is desired.
BR. ARMIN A. LUISTRO FSC
[scribd id=304839091 key=key-yVnqRDTPqDka6Gr4q8N4 mode=scroll]