The Department of Education (DepEd) releases the Modified Learner Enrollment and Survey Form (MLESF) for SY 2021-2022 for incoming Kindergarten Learners, Grades 1-12 Learners, Transferee, Balik-Aral Enrollees, and ALS Enrollees.
The public schools’ enrollment will be held from August 16, 2021 to September 13, 2021.
Amid the continuing National Public Health Emergency due to COVID-19, the battle cry of the Department is that learning shall continue and find ways to improve the provision of learning opportunities to Filipino learners.
This policy provides a range of options to facilitate the enrollment of learners for all public schools in basic education and Alternative Learning System programs nationwide. State Universities and Colleges (SUCs) offering basic education and private schools in basic education are encouraged to adopt this policy to their specific contexts.
- These guidelines shall govern only the SY 2021-2022 enrollment.
- Prioritize the health and safety of that will be invovled in the enrollment process.
- Enrollment process that is efficient and maintain excellent level of data accuracy for realistic assessment and decision making.
Table of Contents
DepEd Modified LESF
|Learner Profile||Parent/Guardian||Survey for Limited Face-to-Face|
|Email Address||Highest Educational Attainment||Blended with other Modalities|
|Special Education Needs||Email Address||Willingness|
|Birth Certificate for Kinder/New Record (equivalent document is valid)||Reduced Data Elements||Challenges|
DepEd Modified ALS-AF2
|Learner Profile||Program||Preferred Modality|
|4Ps Tagging||Basic Literacy||In addition to the existing ALS Modalities|
|A&E Junior HS|
|A&E Senior HS|
MLESF Summary Matrix Form
- Consolidation of selected data from MLESF
- Questions that allows multiple answers were grouped/combined to make the matrix one question one answer format (1:1)
- For Parent/Guardian Highest Education Attainment, select only the parent or guardian with the highest education attainment
- Template and other instruction is available for download thru LIS Support Page
Sample of MLESF Result Tabulation for Class Adviser
Summary Matrix of Selected Data Elements of MLESF
DepEd Modified Learner Enrollment and Survey Form (MLESF) Process
Previous and Prospective advisers in the same school are expected to work together in facilitating the submission of MLESF.
- Previous Adviser contact former learners to facilitate MLESF submission (outgoing Kinder-G5, G7-G9 & G11 )
- Incoming Kinder, Grades 7 & 11 and other transferees shall coordinate & submit MLESF to Prospective School
Summary Data of MLESF
- SEFP consolidate MLESF, prepare summary and distribute to Prospective Adviser
- Prospective Adviser to assess completeness and accuracy of MLESF
LIS Quick Count Facility
- LIS System Administrator review completeness and accuracy of MLESF Summary Data and then encode to LIS QC Facility
- Update Summary Data in a Daily Basis from August 13 to Sept. 12, 2021
The previous adviser is no longer required to facilitate submission of LESF of learner that is about to transfer to another school regardless of grade level
Role of School Enrollment Focal Person
- Conduct Orientation on the Facilitation of MLESF
- Gathering/Tabulation of MLESF Data using the Summary Matrix Form
- Submit the Summary Matrix Report to LIS School System Admin for Encoding in QC Facility
DepEd Instruction to Parents/Guardians and Enrollees
For incoming Grades 1-6, 8-10, & 12 learners
Parents of incoming Grades 1-6, 8-10 & 12 learners will be contacted by the school, preferably through previous advisers for remote enrollment procedures. However, parents/guardians may also reach out to their child’s adviser for enrollment through the contact numbers published by the school.
For incoming Kindergarten, Grade 7 & 11
Parents of incoming Kindergarten, Grades 7 & 11 learners shall communicate/re-affirm their intent to enroll their children to a school of their choice via digital and/or physical enrollment platforms established by schools, which is similar procedures during the early registration.
Learners planning to transfer from one school (“the originating school”) to another (“the receving school”) shall directly contact the receiving school through its published enrollment contact details. The previous adviser is no longer required to facilitate the submission of MLESF of a learner that is about to transfer to another school.
For Balik-Aral Enrollees
All Balik-Aral enrollees shall directly contact their preferred schools for enrollment. The receiving schools shall register the enrollee’s enrollment and survey data.
For ALS Enrollees
ALS enrollees may communicate their intent to enroll via digital and/or physical enrollment platforms established by schools and barangays with community learning centers (CLCs). Modified ALS Forms 2 shall be used for this purpose, consistent with DepEd Order No. 58, s. 2017. This form will be made available in digital and physical format.