Directors of Services, Centers and Heads of Units
Schools Division Superintendents
Heads, Public Elementary and Secondary Schools
All Others Concerned
1. The Department of Education National Employees’ Union (DepEd-NEU) will hold its Ninth National Congress and Seminar-Workshop with the theme DepEd-NEU: A Stronger Union Transcending K to 12 and ASEAN Integration Challenges and Opportunities from November 24 to 26, 2015 at the Baguio Teachers Camp (BTC), Baguio City.
2. The Congress aims to:
a. provide the participants with an overview of the educational reforms, challenges and prospects which the Association of South East Asian Nations (ASEAN) faces as the ASEAN community looms into existence by the end of 2015;
b. enable them to appreciate the role and significance of public sector unionism in the protection, development, education, advancement and advocacy of government workers’ rights, benefits and privileges, as well as their responsibilities as employees of the Department as they face the ASEAN integration;
c. develop policy guidelines and activities for the nonacademic rank-and-file DepEd employees for a more intensive and meaningful implementation of DepEd-NEU Collective Negotiation Agreement (CNA);
d. strengthen DepEd-NEU’s representation and participation in committees, programs and projects of the Department, at the central, regional, schools division, and school levels, which are essential to the delivery of quality public service and agency performance;
e. include a social dialogue program in order to build a more harmonious relationship with DepEd management for the improvement of the welfare and benefits of rank-and-file employees; and
f. assist them on issues concerning employees general welfare, rights, benefits and privileges.
5. The following are the topics/issues to be discussed during the Congress:
a. ASEAN Integration;
b. CNA issues and concerns;
c. Rationalization Program issues and concerns; and
d. Other employees’ welfare and benefits (Phil-Health, Pag-Ibig, GSIS, among others).
4. Participants to this activity are all nonacademic rank-and-file of the DepEd employees whose plantilla positions are listed in the Enclosure No. 1 of the CNA, including Information and Communications Technology (ICT) personnel, planning officers, medical personnel, bookkeepers, disbursing officers in all implementing schools and all members of National Executive Committee, National Board of Trustees, Regional and Schools Division Chapter Officers. Attendance of the participants shall be on official business.
5. A registration fee of Three Thousand Nine Hundred Pesos (P 3,900.00) shall be charged to each participant to cover expenses for the kits, board and lodging, honoraria of resource persons and facilitators, and other incidental expenses charged to local funds, subject to the usual accounting and auditing rules and regulations.
6. The members of the different working committees, Regional Chapter Presidents and National Executive Committee shall be considered as participants and shall pay their registration fee. They are authorized to travel two days before the Congress for the necessary preparations. Arrival and registration of participants shall be in the afternoon of November 23, 2015. The first meal shall be afternoon snacks of the same day, and the last meal shall be afternoon snacks of November 26, 2015.
7. Confirmation of attendance using the form provided in Enclosure No. 2 must be sent through fax or email to the following:
• Mr. Efren L. Alcera
Region V Chapter President Mobile Phone No.: 0926-693-6741 Telefax No.: (02) 636-3549 Email Address: [email protected]
• Ms. Elizabeth Bermoy
Telephone No.: (02) 633-7247
Telefax No.: (02) 637-1241
Email Address: [email protected]
• Mr. Manny Belonio
Telefax No.: (02) 636-3549
Email Address: [email protected]
8. For more information, all concerned may contact Mr. Fidel A. Salosagcol, Central Office Chapter President at mobile phone no. 0927-288-1010 or the abovementioned contact persons.
9. Immediate dissemination of this Memorandum is required.