Regional Secretary, ARMM
Schools Division Superintendents
Heads, Public Elementary Schools
All Others Concerned
1. In line with the implementation of the K to 12 Basic Education Program, the Department of Education (DepEd), through the Bureau of Elementary Education (BEE), and in coordination with the regional offices (ROs) and schools division offices (SDOs), shall conduct the Grade 5 National Training of Trainers (NTOT) in January 3-9, 2016 for Luzon Cluster, February 7-13, 2016 for Visayas and February 14-20, 2016 for Mindanao Clusters while the Mass Training of Teachers (MTOT) shall be held in April 2016.
2. The NTOT aims to build the capacity of trainers to conduct the MTOT.
3. The participants to this activity are teacher-trainers and supervisors to be selected and recommended by the regional directors (RDs) based on the criteria found in Enclosure No. 1. Their names shall be submitted to the BEE through these email addresses: [email protected] and [email protected] on or before November 20, 2015. Only those who completed the NTOT shall serve as MTOT trainers. The number of trainers per schools division and per region is indicated in Enclosure No. 2.
4. Training costs, which cover board and lodging, travel expenses of the management staff, trainers and resource persons, honoraria of resource speakers, supplies and materials and other incidental expenses shall be charged to the 2014 continuing Human Resource Training and Development (HRTD) Funds, subject to the usual accounting and auditing rules and regulations. The travel expenses of the trainer-participants shall be charged to the same funds, 50% of which shall be downloaded directly to the SDOs. In case of the City Divisions of Binan and Tandag, the trainer-participants shall claim their TEV reimbursements from the mother SDOs, Laguna and Surigao del Sur, respectively.
5. The MTOT intends to provide teachers with concrete understanding of the curriculum framework, learning standards and competencies, teaching plans and assessment. The participants in this activity are permanent or regular teachers handling Grade 5 subjects identified by the regional offices (ROs). Travel expenses of teachers, trainers, and management staff shall be charged to local funds, subject to the usual accounting and auditing rules and regulations.
6. The following documents are enclosed for reference:
Enclosure No. 1 – Criteria on the Selection of NTOT Trainers;
Enclosure No. 2 – Summary of the Number of Trainers per Schools Division and per Region;
Enclosure No. 3 – Summary of the Number of Grade 5 Teachers and Trainers by Learning Area and by Region;
Enclosure No. 4 – Training Matrix for the Grade 5 NTOT for the K to 12 Basic Education Program; and Schedule of the Conduct of the Grade 5 NTOT and MTOT.
Enclosure No. 5 – Schedule of the Conduct of the Grade 5 NTOT and MTOT.
The participants, trainers and management staff in the NTOT and the MTOT shall be entitled to service credits in accordance with DepEd Order No. 53, s. 2003 entitled Updated Guidelines on Grant of Vacation Service Credits to Teachers and DepEd Order No. 19, s. 2011 entitled Granting of Vacation Service Credits to Teachers Implementing Dropout Reduction Program (DORP) and Open High School Program (OHSP. On the other hand, nonteaching staff shall be provided with Compensatory Time-Off (CTO) per Civil Service Commission (CSC) and the Department of Budget and Management (DBM) Joint Circular No. 2, s. 2004 on Non-Monetary Remuneration for Overtime Service Rendered.
8. For more information, all concerned may contact the Bureau of Elementary Education-Staff Development Division (BEE-SDD) Department of Education (DepEd) Central Office, 2nd Fir., Bonifacio Building, DepEd Complex, Meralco Avenue, Pasig City at telephone no. (02) 687-2948.
9. Immediate dissemination of this Memorandum is desired.
Alberto T. Muyot