GUIDELINES FOR THE RECLASSIFICATION OF REGULAR TEACHER TO SPED TEACHER ITEMS
An elementary grades teacher who underwent formal training in Special Education at the national, regional and division level and who is presently teaching children of special needs shall be considered as SPED teacher.
1. Qualification Standards
1.1 SPED Teacher I (SG 13)
- Education – Bachelors Degree in Education with a minimum of 18 units of SPED at the graduate level
- 1 month summer training in SPED conducted at PNU, UP, YMCA Open College, Manila and other recognized institutions through the DepED or other NGO funding agencies shall be given a credit of 9 units.
- Eligibility- Appropriate civil service eligibility (PBET, LET, Teacher, RA 1080)
- Experience – 3 years experience in providing educational services to children with special needs
- Performance Rating- Very Satisfactory Performance for the last three years
1.2 SPED Teacher II (SG 14) – 38 units in Special Education at the masteral level
1.3 SPED Teacher II! (SG 15) – MA in SPED or its equivalent