President-elect Rodrigo Duterte said he will appoint Dr. Peter P. Laurel (President, LPU Batangas and Laguna Campuses) as secretary of the Department of Education.
The following are the prospective Cabinet members of Duterte:
- Sen. Alan Peter Cayetano – Secretary of Justice/ Foreign Affairs
- Perfecto Yasay – Acting Secretary of Foreign Affairs
- Carlos “Sonny” Dominguez – Department of Finance
- Chief Superintendent Ronald Dela Rosa, Mimaropa police officer-in-charge Chief Superintendent Ramon Apolinario and Chief of staff of the PNP Anti-Kidnapping Group Senior Superintendent Rene Aspera – PNP Chief
- Art Tugade – Department of Transportation and Communications
- Communist Party of the Philippines – Department of Agrarian Reform, Department of Environment and Natural Resources, Department of Labor and Employment or Department Social Welfare and Development.
- Peter Laurel – Department of Education
- Jesus Dureza – Peace Process
- Bebot Bello – Peace Process (communist side)
- Salvador Panelo – Presidential spokesperson
- Salvador “Bingbong” Medialdea – Executive Secretary