Early Language Literacy and Numeracy Program Funds
May 17, 2018
DepEd Order No. 24, s. 2018
Guidelines on the Utilization of the Early Language Literacy and Numeracy Program Funds: Professional Development Component
Bureau and Service Directors
Schools Division Superintendents
Public Elementary and Secondary School Heads
All Others Concerned
- The Department of Education (DepEd) issues the enclosed Guidelines on the Utilization of the Early Language Literacy and Numeracy (ELLN) Program Funds: Professional Development Component. This is in line with the strengthening of its Reading and Numeracy Program through the implementation of the ELLN Program.
- With the goal of the department to improve literacy and numeracy skills of learners from Kindergarten to Grade 3 following the K to 12 Basic Education Curriculum by establishing a sustainable and cost-effective professional development system for teachers, the program aims to develop in Filipino children the literacy and numeracy skills, and attitudes, which will contribute to lifelong learning.
- These guidelines shall cover the expansion of the professional development component of the program described in DepEd Order No. 12, 2015 entitled Guidelines on the Early Language, Literacy, and Numeracy Program: Professional Development Component.
- For more information, contact the Bureau of Learning Delivery-Teaching and Learning Division (BLD-TLD), Department of Education (DepEd) Central Office, 4th Floor Bonifacio Building, DepEd Complex, Meralco Avenue, Pasig City at telephone nos. (02) 687-2948 and (02) 638-4799 or email at [email protected]
- Immediate dissemination of and strict compliance with this Order is directed.
(Sgd) LEONOR MAGTOLIS BRIONES