September 30, 2016
DepEd Memorandum No. 164 s. 2016
Conduct of Stakeholders’ Consultation Workshop, Gender-Fair Basic Education Policy Finalization Workshop, and Gender Sensitivity Training and Gender Development Planning and Budgeting Workshop
1. Pursuant to Executive Order No. 273 entitled Approving and Adopting the Philippine Plan for Gender-Responsive Development, 1995-2025 that directs all agencies to institutionalize gender and development (GAD) in government and Republic Act 9710 or the Magna Carta of Women (MCW), the Department of Education (DepEd), through the Central Office (CO) GAD Focal Point System (GFPS), will conduct the following activities:
2. The general aims of each activity are to:
a. consult various education stakeholders, including government organizations (GOs) and nongovernment organizations (NGOs) on the proposed Gender-Fair Basic Education Policy and elicit recommendations for Activity 1;
b. critique, review, revise, and finalize the draft Gender-Fair Basic Education Policy incorporating recommendations from stakeholders for Activity 2; and
c. strengthen the capacity of CO and Regional Office (RO) GFPS members to prepare an annual GAD Plan and Budget responsive to enduring and current gender issues in the Department for Activity 3.
3. The participants of Activity 1 are repesentatives from GOs and NGOs while the participants of Activities 2 and 3 are members of GFPS from the CO and RO, GAD Coordinators, and those in-charge of GAD. The lists of expected participants are enclosed, as well as the tentative program of activities.
4. The participants are expected to be at the venue on Day 0 at 3:00 p.m. (a day before the workshop proper). The first meal will be afternoon snacks on Day 0, and the last meal will be breakfast on a day after the training proper.
5. The management staff and secretariat shall be entitled to Compensatory Time-Off (CTO), as per Civil Service Commission and Department of Budget and Management Joint Cicular No. 2, s. 2004 entitled Non-monetary Remuneration for Overtime Service Rendered.
6. Expenses relative to the aforementioned activities which include board and lodging of management staff and secretariat, CO GFPS members, resource persons, facilitators and participants from CO and ROs, professional fees of resource persons, contingency, supplies and materials shall be charged to the 2015 Continuing Human Resource Training and Development (HRTD) funds. Transportation expenses of the CO GFPS members, CO participants, resource persons, facilitators and management staff and secretariat and the NGO (NCR only) participants shall also be charged to the HRTD Funds, while the transportation expenses of participants from ROs and other agencies shall be charged to local funds, subject to the usual accounting and auditing rules and regulations.
7. For more information, all concerned may contact Ms. Maria Elena B. Deacosta or Mr. Noel Dorado, National Educators Academy of the Philippines (NEAP), Department of Education (DepEd) Central Office (CO), 2nd Floor, Mabini Building, DepEd Complex, Meralco Avenue, Pasig City at telefax no. (02) 635-4796.
8. Immediate dissemination of this Memorandum is desired.
LEONOR MAGTOLIS BRIONES