April 13, 2018
DepEd Memorandum No. 68, s. 2018
ADMINISTRATION OF THE GRADE 12 NATIONAL ACHIEVEMENT TEST FOR SCHOOL YEAR 2017-2018
Bureau and Service Directors
Schools Division Superintendents
Public Elementary and Secondary School Heads
All Others Concerned
1. The Department of Education (DepEd), through the Bureau of Education Assessment (BEA), with the assistance of the schools divisions and secondary schools personnel, shall administer the Grade 12 National Achievement Test (NAT) for School Year (SY) 2017-2018 in public and private schools nationwide on any date determined by the schools division offices (SDOs) once the test materials are delivered to the respective SDOs of sample schools. This is pursuant to DepEd Order (DO) No. 55, s. 2016 entitled Policy Guidelines on the National Assessment of Student Learning for the K to 12 Basic Education Program and DO 25, s. 2017 entitled School Calendar for the School Year 2017-2018.
2. The administration of NAT Grade 12 will be the first time for the Senior High School (SHS) exit assessment of the K to 12 Curriculum. Stratified random sampling procedure shall be used to represent all types of schools in the district, schools division and region. Fifty percent of the schools per track (public and private) shall be included in the sample. If there is only one school offering a track in the region, the school shall be automatically included in the test administration. The list of the sampled schools in each schools division is found in the enclosure.
3. In SY 2016-2017, the Philippines has implemented for the first time the SHS Curriculum in its K to 12 Basic Education Program. This SY 2017-2018, the Grade 12 assessment shall cover 21st century skills such as Problem Solving, Information Literacy, and Critical Thinking Skills embedded in the core SHS learning areas of Languages, Humanities, Communication, Mathematics, Science, Social Science, and Philosophy.
4. The NAT Grade 12 aims to:
a. determine if the students are meeting the learning standards;
b. help provide information to improve instructional practices;
c. assess/evaluate effectiveness and effectivity of education service delivery using learning outcomes as indicators; and
d. provide empirical information as bases for curriculum, learning delivery, assessment and policy reviews, and policy formation.
5. The authorized forwarder shall deliver the test materials to SDOs outside the National Capital Region (NCR) two weeks before the test administration. The same forwarder shall retrieve the test materials one week after the test administration.
6. The school card (Form 137), certificate of good moral character, and other documents will be released after the test administration.
7. For more information, contact the Bureau of Education Assessment-Education Assessment Division (BEA-EAD), 2nd Floor, Bonifacio Building, Department of Education (DepEd) Central Office, DepEd Complex, Meralco Avenue, Pasig City at telephone no. (02) 631-2589 or email at [email protected]
8. Immediate dissemination of this Memorandum is desired.
LEONOR MAGTOLIS BRIONES