Bureau and Service Directors
Schools Division Superintendents
Public and Private Elementary and Secondary Schools Heads
All Others Concerned
- The Department of Education (DepEd) recognizes the Red Cross Youth (RCY) as one of the official co-curricular organizations in the schools as stipulated in DepEd Order No. 38, s. 2005 entitledRecognition of the Red Cross Youth as Official Co-Curricular Organization in the Schools. One of the major services of the Philippine National Red Cross (PNRC) is its mission to educate and empower the children and youth in the spirit of Red Cross, through constructive meetings and effective leadership, and provide opportunities for directing and harnessing their energy and idealism into worth humanitarian activities.
- In this connection, DepEd encourages the organization of the RCYC in all public elementary and secondary schools with at least one teacher-adviser and 43 youth members as provided in DepEd Memorandum No. 102, s. 2011 entitled Establishment of the Red Cross Youth Council and Training of Teachers in the Different Red Cross Services. The teacher-advisers are expected to participate in the different Red Cross trainings such as First Aid, Basic Life Support (or Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation) and Disaster Management.
- Recognizing the efforts and support of the teacher-advisers of the RCYC, they are hereby granted service credits of not more than ten days, exclusive of the allowable 15 days for every year pursuant to DepEd Order No. 53, s. 2003 entitled Updated Guidelines on Grant of Vacation Service Credits to Teachers for their participation in RCYC activities provided that the activity is recognized and authorized by the schools division superintendents (SDSs).
- The school heads shall submit to the SDS the request for the grant of service credits clearly indicating the RCYC activity participated in by the teacher-adviser. The discretion to determine the number of service credits that may be allowed for participation in the RCYC activity is vested with the SDS.
- Immediate dissemination of and strict compliance with this Order is directed.
(Sgd.) BR. ARMIN A. LUISTRO FSC